• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy & EOR Upgrades

I can score used fire sleeve all day free in Bham. Used in all aircraft, rotated out frequently ie thrown away LOL. I can't believe it's gotten this critical already, but safety is key to any sports survival. OUCH on the wallet fo sho !

Well we drew 51st starting spot. Since we start two at a time we will be 26th off the line. Racing one of my favorite buggies, Jason Pickett's Carnage Crew rear engine rig. Wish us luck, everything is coming together on the rig and we hope to be making a few hot laps next weekend to check out the new upgrades.

Have you checked to see if your firewall between the radiator and seat will pass? Looks like a definite fail, especially with the hose being so close to your head. :dunno:

kid rok said:
Have you checked to see if your firewall between the radiator and seat will pass? Looks like a definite fail, especially with the hose being so close to your head. :dunno:

Firewall between radiator and drivers compartment is not a requirement in the rulebook.

kid rok said:

Yes I even sent Jeff Knoll and email on it, he said as long as the rear firewall passes the 2" above top of fuel cell rule then it is fine. I passed tech at SMORR with the rear firewall, so no worries there.

The purpose of adding the mesh screen up high when you have a radiator up there, isnt to protect the occupants. Its there to protect the radiator from flying rocks and debris being slung at you from the car in front of you.

InDaShop said:
The purpose of adding the mesh screen up high when you have a radiator up there, isnt to protect the occupants. Its there to protect the radiator from flying rocks and debris being slung at you from the car in front of you.

That is the only reason it is there. If you firewall it all you lose the airflow. Several teams don't have any sort of screen at all on their rear rads. The headrests do a good job of covering the wing sections, but I have thought about a solid firewall for those areas. It is just kinda hard the way my seats, belts and pumper hoses are mounted.

I thought you had to have protection anywhere fluid could reach the driver.

The radiator is thought of as a contained vessel so no need for a firewall. Im still scared shitless of coolant burns so mines down low and my **** cools better than it should.

Weekend Update
On Saturday, I went ahead and cleaned the rig up really well after the fresh rebuild so I could get some nice photos of it. Thanks to Keith & Tony for letting us use Gray Rock for a few hours on Sunday. It was pretty cool to see Tub Rock with a solid sheet of ice on it! Overall the car did great especially with close to an hour of running at speed. We need to get more airflow to the trans cooler, but aside from that and a few PCV plumbing changes we should be ready to rock.

I took some in-car vids with my new GoPro HD. They are not the greatest in the world, but I am still figuring the camera out and would love any feedback on best mounting locations and settings for what I am doing. It was set on the highest quality mode and was mounted center of my dash looking out. We are looking forward to the race in a few weeks. We hope to see everyone from Hardline that is attending out there. We will be a part of the RuffStuff shared pit that is right off the main drag out there. We will be on the lakebed by Saturday afternoon. Pictures and videos below.

EOR Racing #4462 - Matt Overton/Jamie Marsh - King of the Hammers Tuning

EOR Racing #4462 - Matt Overton/Jamie Marsh - King of the Hammers Tuning #2

[attachment deleted by admin]

On the camera mounting, either higher so we see less hood, as that view never changes. It would be cool if you could move it rearward and get the GPS in the picture. Would give us a "legend" of what is going on, may even be able to see the speed.

I would have thought that the wash by the tree at the well and the sweeping turn at the top of bents and dents would have been great places to test the suspension, rather than the smoother parts of the top road. Probably did these, just not in the first half of the videos I watched. I am on a slow connection.

I have a GoPro standard camera if you want to use it also.

John I may take you up on another camera. The section by the top of Bents and Dents was a muddy mess, in fact most places were. That was the only remotely dry section we could find. I am going to try and find a location behind the seats to mount the camera.

Matt O. said:
John I may take you up on another camera.

Sure, just let me know. Need the gas cans again? Anything else I have thet might benefit you. Have powertank type setup with 2 tanks.

man that's a lot of stuff to have to pack in a rig, you've done a good job keeping it neat, do you know how much weight has change sine you started

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Anything else I have thet might benefit you.

Yeah your ballin enclosed trailer ;D

I may need a few dump cans, not as many as before. I have a 13 gallon quickfill, but I will need a few more.

Thanks for the props guys, Jamie and I have put a ton of hours into this rig. In terms of weight of it now I don't know. It was 3580 when I got it. That was DOM links, Air shocks, etc. I bet with AL Links, Coilovers, Spare Tire, Bigger Fuel Cell, Pumper, etc it is 4000lbs.

Matt O. said:
I have a 13 gallon quickfill

81.9 lbs.! :eek:

I must be a vag. I dont think I could pick up a 13 gal gas can and dump it into a fuel filler without falling over and spilling it everywhere.