• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's Buggy & EOR KOH Upgrades

Matt O. said:
Does anybody know where we can buy and ECM and have it sent quick? Ours is fried and we need to have an ECM that is flashed and ready to go by Friday. I tried SpareECM on eBay, they can't even ship. Anybody have an east coast source that sells ecms and can flash also?
check w/ patooyee, im pretty sure he bought all of the equipment to flash ls ecm's... i suppose he could get a junkyard unit or one from the part store and flash it and mail it to you... he is in pensacola, so i imagine shipping would be quick...

draggbody said:
check w/ patooyee, im pretty sure he bought all of the equipment to flash ls ecm's... i suppose he could get a junkyard unit or one from the part store and flash it and mail it to you... he is in pensacola, so i imagine shipping would be quick...

That would be good to know.

I bought my spare from spareECM as well. Had them ship direct to Jims for my program.

GStone usually has a few of these laying around or knows where to get GenIII/IV stuff on the quickness. Give him a shout if all else falls thru. Good to see this thing with a new motor in it. thumb.gif

I will add that the computer I sent them that I was told was for an LS motor was NOT the correct one. They had plenty in stock so they kept mine as a core and sent me out one of their own they had in stock. So that will save you some time since you do not have one in your hands to send them to flash for you.

Howell has really priced themselves out of the picture. Spareecm will literally not answer the phone but their prices were much cheaper.

Matt O. said:
Howell has really priced themselves out of the picture. Spareecm will literally not answer the phone but their prices were much cheaper.

Yeah, Howell is not the cheapest but if you are in a pinch you have to do what you have to do. I have been told they have good customer service after the sale. My single seat rig had a Howell computer and I never had any problems out of it. Good luck in the search.

Sarah-Burge-Real-Life-Barbie-Before-After.jpg

Matt O. said:
Last I knew....the guy that runs spareECM does it in his spare time and on nights and weekends. Not a fulltime brick and mortar business.
Dudes name is Rodney, and I thought I had his email, but couldnt find it. I know his phone number is listed on his ebay store.

I ordered from Fuel Injection Specalities. They were expensive, but a little cheaper than Howell. They have good service and can turn it in a day. This motor swap has really gotten expensive this week with buying a new ECM and tune and custom headers. Oh well, that is how it goes with this stuff

Matt- I've got a spare DBW ECM 12582605, I would have offered it up, but again I cant really attest to its condition. Jims Perf programmed it, but for a 5.3. It was in my buggy when it was DBW, but has been in a box in my storage building for at least two years once I switched to Cable.

So too many variables between DBW/5.3/and age.

Yeah I would have offered up my spare too, but since the other one I got at the same time wound up being for a 1999 truck with a 4.8 I did not want to throw it out to you and it be wrong.

Thanks for the considering to send your spares guys. I think it will be all good, just a little, well a lot over budget. Funny that I paid more for the harness, ecm, and headers that the motor and all the performance mods. Oh well, that is how it goes sometimes.

Looking forward to trying out the new power and 2.5' Bilstein's at all 4 corners!

Matt O. said:
I think it will be all good, just a little, well a lot over budget.

wait till ya get the bill for the wiring work. :flipoff1:

its alive btw.

I don't know who did the wiring work for ya before, but that mug has like 3 fusepanels with a total of 47 fuses in it. it ain't gonna burn down from lack of fuses, ats for shure.

didn't mess with the existing chassis wiring much. it looked ok besides the 47 fuses. pretty much just wired in the new engine harness. ran a couple fan wires, cleaned up a couple connections. that pac-fab harness is put together pretty nicely.

Tony you are the man, I know Jimmy would sub the wiring out to you! Thanks a lot bro!

Yeah it has a lot of fuses, hell I am not even sure what half of them are for. There were four fuses on the main fuse block that were for the old motor and I had no clue what they did. We spent a 14hr day cleaning it up last winter, you should have seen it before. It had inline fuses and relays everywhere, we consilated them into the main fuse panels. Also when I sliced the firewall to pull the old harness I cut the fan relay, hopefully you were able to delete it since the pacfab harness had one in it.

Glad the PacFab harness was nice, they were really easy to deal with!

I got it back Friday, it runs and sounds nasty with open headers. Trying to get everything cleaned up and do some maintenance on it. Taking it for exhaust next week, should be ready to ride by next weekend