• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt's Cheerleader Jeep buildup thread...

You might need a little more weld on that :flipoff:

What... and ruin the look of that beautiful notch? No way! :fawkdancesmiley:

BTW, the rear spring hangers make nice rock anchors with the flipped XJ springs (hmm... Crusty was RIGHT)... already found that one out yesterday while putting around. I'll have to build some ramp/skid things for them. :D

You might need a little more weld on that :flipoff:

Weld it? what the fawk are you a newb:wtf: just slap some epoxy on it and call it good... it's what all the cool kids are doing these days.:awesomework:

Last edited:
I had to trim the chin hair a little last night due to a singe-based accident involving welder sparks and a laquer thinner soaked rag in the tub. Not going to make that mistake again, it was too close to the fuel tank for comfort... :redneck:

its a jeep with a marlin crawler sticker on it.......

LOOKS like its coming togeter nicely, can't wait to get all these rigs together for a little bump to pass ...:awesomework:

Door bars are in. I ordered my harnesses last night from Summit along with a set of weld-on tabs for mounting to the cage. Ended up going with R.J.S. 5 point 3" wide latch style in RED. I'm ordering my winch rope today from Winchline.com.

I've got one week to get the following done:

Finish spreaders and fully weld cage, mount seats and harnesses to cage, track down an XJ or YJ A/C compressor and a serp. belt and wire up my OBA (this will be easy), mount and wire winch and spool rope on (another easy one), and re-do my anti-wrap bar.

Hoo-ah! I'm getting down to the wire.

Holy shat... I got a lot done tonight.

I started tonight with a bare metal cage, everything finished and tacked in place.

My seat mount... I'm very proud of this part... I had to re-do it once because it sat too high the first time. Now it's perfect. You can see the tabs for the harnesses in this pic sort of.

sm_P1014273.JPG

All finished up and seats/harnesses mounted:

sm_P1014274.JPG

sm_P1014276.JPG

The only issue I had is that I made the rear cross bar too high and the shoulder belts are too long... so I guess I'll just be running the lap belts this weekend because I don't have time to re-do it right now.

Also, when time permits I will be adding much more gusseting to the cage... I'm just out of time before this weekend as I still have some other stuff to get done.

]
The only issue I had is that I made the rear cross bar too high and the shoulder belts are too long...

If anything, the belts look low. Most instructions want the belts mounted about shoulder high. This is so the belt will hold your shoulders back but won't compress your back. An extra bar the belts lay over at shoulder height would work too.

Nice job on the build.

If anything, the belts look low. Most instructions want the belts mounted about shoulder high. This is so the belt will hold your shoulders back but won't compress your back. An extra bar the belts lay over at shoulder height would work too.

Nice job on the build.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, don't they usually say the belts should be mounted so that the rear portion of the belt is 90 degrees out from the shoulder harnesses when strapped in? Maybe I need to move the bar BACK, and mount the tabs more flat instead of vertical.

Either way, I'm going to do a bit of research on that first before I re-do anything.