• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt's Cheerleader Jeep buildup thread...

No problem. Its to bad we work opposite shifts I'd like to help out and get more familliar with the bender. I'm free on mon. if your still in the cage bending process I'd like to help out.

No problem. Its to bad we work opposite shifts I'd like to help out and get more familliar with the bender. I'm free on mon. if your still in the cage bending process I'd like to help out.

Monday during the day? I might wrap up all the other stuff that needs doing this weekend and maybe take monday off work to work on the cage if you want to come up.

I'm pretty new with the bender too... already ruined my 1st piece of 5.00/ft DOM.. well, not ruined, but one end came out too short, so I lost about 3.5 ft of tube unless I can use it somewhere else... heh. I need to scour over the Tube Bending 101 article on PBB to get a better idea of how to figure out where the bend will end up.

Fuel tank mounted, fuel lines run, I figured out my fuel pump issue and made a temp work around (ground), got the rear driveline done and in, rear shock mounts done, rear brake line in, brakes bled... figured I'd throw the stock seats in and take it for a little spin around the "block"...

I took tomorrow off of work and I'm going to dive into the tube and actually get something resembling a cage started. Still a long way to go, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. After I get the cage in, just little things like getting the OBA wired up and getting my winch back on there, and she'll be ready to rock.

Ben: I'll be working on it all day tomorrow so if you feel like coming up to Leavenworth and helping a dummy with the bender, give me a call... we'll put two heads together and either produce some nicely bent tube or totally **** it all up... either way's cool with me... hah.

Some pics:

I used the factory skid plate and welded some 2" square to the bottom to raise it up a bit, then bolted it to the tub. I'm going to take the lip off that you can see in this picture, as it is not needed for the tank straps and I want as much space behind the seats as possible to store stuff like tools and such.

sm_P1014259.JPG

No leaks... :D

sm_P1014260.JPG

Jeep in foreground, grassy knoll in background.

sm_P1014261.JPG

Just fartin' around on THE ROCK

sm_P1014263.JPG

sm_P1014268.JPG

NotMatt;I have lots more room for tires now... hmm... maybe it's time for some 38.5 TSL's.... hmmmmmmm...[/QUOTE said:
38.5x14.5 SX!! You'll never go back to anything else!

Looks good tho, has tube started?

Looks great Matt. Thanks for making me feel like even more of a dolt for not having a working rig in the middle of May :booo:

The bender got some action today...

Layin' it out and figuring out the angles...

sm_P1014270.JPG

First successful bend...

sm_P1014271.JPG

Woohoo we have an a pillar...

sm_P1014272.JPG

Number two getting ready for some action...

sm_P1014274.JPG

Hell yes...

sm_P1014276.JPG

A cute wittle floor plate...

sm_P1014277.JPG

That's all for tonight... A HUGE thanks to Ben (ToyZuki) for coming up and helping me out tonight with getting the A-pillars in... I couldn't have gotten it this far tonight without ya dude. I think we did a pretty good job for a coupla tube noobs. :awesomework:

Looks good Matt, shes really coming together. If you plan on running doors anytime stick them on now to make sure you don't run into a clearance issue with the A pillar. I had to notch my doors because my A pillar was so far outboard. Its no big deal, better windshield protection and leg room but just something to be aware of.

Looks good Matt, shes really coming together. If you plan on running doors anytime stick them on now to make sure you don't run into a clearance issue with the A pillar. I had to notch my doors because my A pillar was so far outboard. Its no big deal, better windshield protection and leg room but just something to be aware of.

Yeah, I was thinking about that as I was putting it together... I remember you had that little issue, and honestly I'm fine with notching the half doors to fit... I want the leg room and I think it would look a little silly with the cage pulled way in in the front.

Well it's starting to actually look like a cage now...

I'm getting stoked, I need to get some harnesses ordered and that will be the last of the big parts to get.

sm_P1014272.JPG

sm_P1014271.JPG