• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maximum Pinion Angle???

Wildman1

Okay I the low pinion D60 that RockCrawler gave me that I am going to put into the rear of my TJ. I have a CV shaft right now running 1350 joints. Because I had a HP axle in there at first I wasn't ever worried about pinion angle. But now I am going to have to worry about it. What is the max you can tilt that housing up and still get oil to the pinon bearings?

Thanks

I don't have a maximum number... mine was pretty high with the spring over and stock wheelbase and I never had a problem. Just make sure to either park facing down a hill when you fill the diff so you can get the right amount of lube in there, or weld up the existing fill plug hole and put a new one in a little higher on your diff cover.

I would probly tilt down about 2 degrees from pointing straight at the trans case. It seems I have always had to do that :cool:

I would probly tilt down about 2 degrees from pointing straight at the trans case. It seems I have always had to do that :cool:

x2. I was going through U-joints every 100 miles. My axle wrap was so bad it would destroy them right away. Then I pointed my pinion down about 2* and have been on the same U-joint for over a year now.