• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

86chevota said:
I think Overly's has a buddy Wayne that has some used he wants to sell
Yes I know Wayne. I knew he took his off for the swampers but didn't know he still had em. I'll ask when I'm down there this month.

tnford88 said:
Yes I know Wayne. I knew he took his off for the swampers but didn't know he still had em. I'll ask when I'm down there this month.

It's been a while but last I Heard was 2k for tires and raceline wheels! The tires looked new! Don't know if he sold them?

Drool...

44797d69fabcbfb762d397d15fb808db.jpg

I love my 43 stickies, but once i wear them out, i may give these a shot depending on how they wear. Ive been on 8 trips this year since i got them and the leading edge and sidewalls are definitely disappearing. The granite in Katemcy does a lot of damage to them. Ive always loved them but damn were they expensive. My 43s are blems and couldnt tell the difference. $595 per so i couldnt pass it up. At $740 for these, thats not too far off from what I was quoted for 43s from several vendors.

the_white_shadow said:
I love my 43 stickies, but once i wear them out, i may give these a shot depending on how they wear. Ive been on 8 trips this year since i got them and the leading edge and sidewalls are definitely disappearing. The granite in Katemcy does a lot of damage to them. Ive always loved them but damn were they expensive. My 43s are blems and couldnt tell the difference. $595 per so i couldnt pass it up. At $740 for these, thats not too far off from what I was quoted for 43s from several vendors.

I feel the same way. very happy with my 43" stickies, but these will be on the radar once the SXs are worn out.

Mortalis5509 said:
What makes your any better? Can't compare something that didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Am not any better thumb.gif your right you can't compare them to a SX because it won't happen!

Time will tell. Interesting to see if they are that much better than the 40. If they are they hit a homerun!

Re: Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

86chevota said:
Am not any better thumb.gif your right you can't compare them to a SX because it won't happen!
Didn't mean you personally. Mistyped. What makes your statement any better than jd is what I meant. Unless you have driven them both on the same rig in the same conditions, this discussion is useless.

I have had a 40" trep, 37" red, 39" red, and now 39" krt-s.
kmcminn said:
Have you been out in that new buggy yet?
Asking me, no. Parts list grew to more expensive stuff. Didn't have a job for a while and the parts from a parted rig that was to go to this build went to paying for life.

Re: Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

Mortalis5509 said:
Didn't mean you personally. Mistyped. What makes your statement any better than jd is what I meant. Unless you have driven them both on the same rig in the same conditions, this discussion is useless.

I have had a 40" trep, 37" red, 39" red, and now 39" krt-s. Asking me, no. Parts list grew to more expensive stuff. Didn't have a job for a while and the parts from a parted rig that was to go to this build went to paying for life.

I haven't myself! I know someone that has had 40 and went to the 43sx. . It was awesome to watch his rig work with both on the same rig same conditions :dblthumb: granted am only talking about one rig but for me what I saw it made a huge difference. The 42 maybe another story :dblthumb:

86chevota said:
No **** that's the point :****:

I've seen Krawlers make it up Cable Hill wet much easier than any SX has ever made it but there wasn't a crowd or anyone filming so it didn't happen :****:

Personally I don't think the SX is that great of a tire there's just not any better options out yet. I'm willing to bet the 42 Trep will outperform the SX, if not I'll admit I was wrong. From what I've seen a lot of what makes the SX work so well is just sheer size and toughness and a decent compound, although I think the compound could be better.