• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

WHIZARD said:
Ok guys, here they are. Who is going to be the first to spring for them and give us a summary?

A summary with anything less than a 4 or 5 ride break in wont do any good, Treps take forever to break in... They last a long damn time too :****:

muddinmetal said:
A summary with anything less than a 4 or 5 ride break in wont do any good, Treps take forever to break in... They last a long damn time too :****:

Who knows, it might be a different compound like reds, could break in fast or slow as hell?

Tell y'all what...Ill be the guinea pig. Ill run a set and give reviews after every ride from 1 to 15 including actual miles logged and performance. All I need is $150 each from 20 of you! Hahahaha.

In all seriousness, I think that they are awesome, but I also expect they will break a lot of parts.

According to Jesse Haines, Maxxis has assured him the compound is identical to the 40. I'm waiting to hear / see if the design of the plies in the new 42 are the same as the 40. According to Cole the problems with the 42 red was that an entirely different carcass was used and they just slapped the 39 red comp rubber on it. Just goes to show you that a good compound can only work as good as the carcass allows.

I'd like to see an sx guy try them out and a red label guy try them out and report back after a few rides.

Stuntman Autoworks said:
Just ordered mine from Goforth today. Excited to see how they do, I'll take them on a close ride or two then I'm going to be at dixie run.

Nice I will definitely be stalking you at dixie run to see how they handle GMP.

Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

Stuntman Autoworks said:
I have no personal sticky experience so I'm sure they will be a huge jump in performance compared to my 39.5 Iroks.
After riding with friends on 40s, I hope you have planned on plenty of upgrades. Treps are really hard on parts, GMP is even worse.

Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

paradisepwoffrd said:
After riding with friends on 40s, I hope you have planned on plenty of upgrades. Treps are really hard on parts, GMP is even worse.

Well I have Yukon chromoly shafts front and rear with super joints. Hope they can hold up.

Stuntman Autoworks said:
I have no personal sticky experience so I'm sure they will be a huge jump in performance compared to my 39.5 Iroks.

Anything is an upgrade from those, I wish I'd never bought my 39.5 iroks and stuck with the 37 old school mtr's I had.

That being said I love my 40 treps, but after breaking two racelines within the last year I finally killed one last weekend. Wish the timing was better as I'd upgrade to 42s. If anyone has a half worn, no repair 40 sticky trep hit me up. Otherwise I'm buying a new one and cycling my brand new spare in so she'll have new shoes up front.

croes said:
Anything is an upgrade from those, I wish I'd never bought my 39.5 iroks and stuck with the 37 old school mtr's I had.

That being said I love my 40 treps, but after breaking two racelines within the last year I finally killed one last weekend. Wish the timing was better as I'd upgrade to 42s. If anyone has a half worn, no repair 40 sticky trep hit me up. Otherwise I'm buying a new one and cycling my brand new spare in so she'll have new shoes up front.

How did you break the racelines?

Stuntman Autoworks said:
How did you break the racelines?

Hit a tree last year, I dunno about 2nd one though, I think it caught something just right.

Whats funny is I broke a 17" raceline monster on my buggy with a red. Smoked a rock at 40ish, the tire took it (18 lbs), wheel wedged on the caliper, broke stub and I stopped. The tire was literally perfect. Couldn't tell where I even hit, but the wheel was ****ED. Only relevant because reds aren't known for being tough, and we've had good luck out of racelines, but you can smoke one without hurting a tire. Generally inner bead

Re:

I broke a forged raceline hot a big hole with the buggy riped the heigh steer off and bent the rim all the way to the breaks my 37 inch red had no damage but it was not sidewall it was streight on i sent it back to raceline and they fixed it for 50 bucks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Still waiting for Gofourth to get them in stock. Wish I would have known they were going to take this long I wouldn't have sold my 40" treps already :gay: