• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

I watched bad donkey run the new treps yesterday at the srrs race. They are noticeably taller and softer feeling . He did well. One day isn't enough to persuade me but if I didn't have stickie sxs already I'd take a look at these for sure

Rockwells607 said:
I watched bad donkey run the new treps yesterday at the srrs race. They are noticeably taller and softer feeling . He did well. One day isn't enough to persuade me but if I didn't have stickie sxs already I'd take a look at these for sure

feel the same way. AJs seemed to work well,, but not enough to persuade me out of my sticky SXs. my biggest problem is running 16.5s. I would need new wheels too and that's a large dime to drop. once my SXs are worn out, then I'll look at which one seems to work better.

my sticky SXs worked well yesterday at the same race AJ was at. they were at @10-12psi to save the rims from being smashed at speed

Re: Re:

Stuntman Autoworks said:
From Daves
Dang. He said hes out for a few weeks. I knew I should have ordered Mon. Said he sold out in 3 days. Guess these tires are the Justin bieber of the off road world.

Re: Re:

ranger11 said:
Dang. He said hes out for a few weeks. I knew I should have ordered Mon. Said he sold out in 3 days. Guess these tires are the Justin bieber of the off road world.
Im not getting the Justin Bieber reference, he said this was his last set.

I'm really wanting to see some video, or feedback! How's the compound? Trep 40 vrs 42s vrs reds stickiness? Vrs SX toughness ect.............

Just wrote a little review on books of faces...

I have an unbiased opinion.

When racing I run 12psi in the sx's, I've never smashed a rim running this air pressure. The sx's hook better in dirt/mud than the treps by far.

Running Treps last weekend racing I was at 12psi. I found myself slowing way down for rocks and still smashing the rims pretty good. (Need more psi) I have just under 700hp and on the dirt the treps lack grip when compared to the SX's. The buggy felt like it was on a snow covered road, it was controllable and predictable but they definitely lacked grip. To some this may be a good thing but I find them well behind the sx in the dirt.

I was however really impressed with the Treps on rocks. I crawled some things last weekend that no one has ever crawled. Once they were heated up (trying to break them in) they made stuff boring, like it was too easy, not even spinning a tire.

Overall if I were in the market for a set of new stickies the sx's would be on my rig hands down. They are hard to beat, super tough, great on dirt, great in mud, great on the rocks.

dynajeep said:

When racing I run 12psi in the sx's, I've never smashed a rim running this air pressure. The sx's hook better in dirt/mud than the treps by far.

Running Treps last weekend racing I was at 12psi. I found myself slowing way down for rocks and still smashing the rims pretty good. (Need more psi) I have just under 700hp and on the dirt the treps lack grip when compared to the SX's. The buggy felt like it was on a snow covered road, it was controllable and predictable but they definitely lacked grip. To some this may be a good thing but I find them well behind the sx in the dirt.

I was however really impressed with the Treps on rocks. I crawled some things last weekend that no one has ever crawled. Once they were heated up (trying to break them in) they made stuff boring, like it was too easy, not even spinning a tire.

Overall if I were in the market for a set of new stickies the sx's would be on my rig hands down. They are hard to beat, super tough, great on dirt, great in mud, great on the rocks.

Treps are really designed to be run slowly with way less air pressure. I truly believe at 4-5 lbs they would beat an sx in almost all "real wheeling" maybe not bouncing, but what most of us do

Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

muddinmetal said:
Treps are really designed to be run slowly with way less air pressure. I truly believe at 4-5 lbs they would beat an sx in almost all "real wheeling" maybe not bouncing, but what most of us do
Probably kinda like the tractor tires that they look like....

Hmmmmm.

dynajeep said:

I should've done the same thing with mine that you were doing on that wall just for a comparison. once mine were heated up, they stuck quite well on that upper section.

we covered a ton of trails at AOP and GMP and hardly spun a tire. we need to go wheelin again for a comparison ;D

I should have said if I was strictly trail wheeling and never went fast I would consider the treps as a good option. I wouldn't say I'm a bouncer and I haven't had the chance to go up a mountain yet in the treps... Also there is NO way in hell I could run 4 or 5 pounds in these. The sidewalls are so lose/soft that at 7psi they were almost flat. Trying to break them in and having single beadlocks on the treps the tire burped and went flat completely running 7psi. My buggy is in the 4600ish lbs range.

Running the Treps at 12psi the sidewalls compare to the sx's at about 5psi.

Steve I'm ready when you are!

dynajeep said:
I should have said if I was strictly trail wheeling and never went fast I would consider the treps as a good option. I wouldn't say I'm a bouncer and I haven't had the chance to go up a mountain yet in the treps... Also there is NO way in hell I could run 4 or 5 pounds in these. The sidewalls are so lose/soft that at 7psi they were almost flat. Trying to break them in and having single beadlocks on the treps the tire burped and went flat completely running 7psi. My buggy is in the 4600ish lbs range.

Running the Treps at 12psi the sidewalls compare to the sx's at about 5psi.

Steve I'm ready when you are!

where and when? can we schedule around a sunday so I don't miss my sons football?

on topic............AJ is an honest person and calls it like he sees it. you can tust his opinion if that matters

I've got 2 buddy's with stickies one has the sx and the other has the 40" trep. Once my wheels come in and I can mount the 42s we will go ride and see how they compare.

Latest posts