• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

Can someone explain the stated size vs. Actual size crap?
Is it a mold that is actual size, then the tire shrinks after it comes out or what

whiskeymakin said:
Is it a mold that is actual size, then the tire shrinks after it comes out or what

Bias tires use air pressure for size...so at max pressure (which we never use) a bias tire *should* be fairly close to size. Who knows about radials.

whiskeymakin said:

Tire pressure... Bias tires grow with pressure, we run them at less pressure and that plus the weight of the vehicle that doesn't have steel belts in the tire supporting the weight, and you get a much "smaller" tire

Re:

My 42 treps measure 41" tall on a 9.5" raceline, that's with 10lbs of air and mounted on the rig. I'm gaining 2" of ground clearance with this swap

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Re:

onetoncrawler said:
My 42 treps measure 41" tall on a 9.5" raceline, that's with 10lbs of air and mounted on the rig. I'm gaining 2" of ground clearance with this swap

Let's see some pics on the rig

Daves Offroad Supply said:
Last set of 42's sold, Thanks Kerry! We are trying to get more asap.

All this big tire talk. I want to see Interco make a 37x12.5x17 SX Sticky....that stands a true 37"

This if they can make them more available than a 37 red.

Daves Offroad Supply said:
Last set of 42's sold, Thanks Kerry! We are trying to get more asap.

All this big tire talk. I want to see Interco make a 37x12.5x17 SX Sticky....that stands a true 37"
I have thought the same thing Dave

I think a 37" sticky would sell. With the amount of smaller axle upgrades available now stuff will last.

Was told the 37" Trep was being discontinued.

[/quote] I noticed the other day that Filthy Motorsports no longer has them on their website :dunno:

40s are the new 35s. Lol

My 42s have a drop date for next Wednesday at my house. Can't wait to compare them to my 43s (which will be for sale wink wink). New tires for my new build.

Very pleased, I can tell they aren't as sticky as a KR2-S or a krawler, but the extra height makes up for it.

9242189305a8db0ad5fb1bfeb2a89bc6.jpg

Note to Daniel :

Try not to jump them with 10psi next time ;D

311361DSC0202.jpg

583669DSC0203.jpg

The things people do in front of a camera :****:

In all seriousness, I was impressed by the grip those tires have. I'm assuming that it's only gonna be better when they're completely broke in.

Bebop said:
Note to Daniel :

Try not to jump them with 10psi next time ;D

311361DSC0202.jpg

583669DSC0203.jpg

The things people do in front of a camera :****:

In all seriousness, I was impressed by the grip those tires have. I'm assuming that it's only gonna be better when they're completely broke in.

That's what, a 36" long contact patch? :cougar:

Got mine mounted up and looks like I will have to break them in at Dixie Run.

Make sure you post up some action shots!

I am working on getting a solid answer on this, we were told they were and then also told they decided not to discontinue them. As soon as I have an answer I will post up. Sucks if they do, I run them myself.

Update on the 37's.

I am being told they are NOT being discontinued but they are changing the part number. I am also being told there is no change to the tire other than the sidewall marking so I am not sure why they are changing the part number.