• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

mE wANt wInCH!!!

damn there is still someone that hasnt got a clue. Unless your in need of a laydown there is no better winh on the market.

Hell ya they are! The one on the front of my truck has been there since 1983, with not rebuilds or problems... Even the original cable... I will definatly buy another 8274 for my next truck

Its just too bad they are also the worst thing you could ever put in the front of a toy--unless you don't mind your nose sticking another 5 feet in front of you

hmmmm I got mine to fit without sticking out in front of my toy :fawkdancesmiley:

I just don't like the profile of them, too bulky looking, that's all.:kiss:

SO I guess what you are saying is that you are all about the looks as you are cruising past JCPennies, you know when most people talk of mall crawling... well never mind.....:stirpot:

They are the worst winch out there, leave em all for the fools that may use one anyway...:cool:

There is a reason the 8274 has been around so long. Best damn winch ever made. Had the same one on the front of my Jeep since 82. Pick up a used one and upgrade the motor, even the newest junk on the market cant keep up. :redneck:

There is a reason the 8274 has been around so long. Best damn winch ever made. Had the same one on the front of my Jeep since 82. Pick up a used one and upgrade the motor, even the newest junk on the market cant keep up. :redneck:

:awesomework: you got that right.It also can hold more rope than any other winch out there I got 150ft on mine and probably could have gottin 200ft:fawkdancesmiley:

If you think an 8274 is :rb: , you REALLY are a noob!!!!

I just don't like the look of them,ya ya whatever, but looks do matter to me along with function, and they're a bit pricier than what i want to go for new... that's why I'm thinking of just getting a warn m8000:awesomework:

I just don't like the look of them,ya ya whatever, but looks do matter to me along with function, and they're a bit pricier than what i want to go for new... that's why I'm thinking of just getting a warn m8000:awesomework:

at least it's a warn..but still have fun with it.I'd take a used 8274 over a new m8000 anyday..but to each his own

Ya, I want something that looks good but still functions just as well. If I am paying that much for something, its going to be the one that has the looks and functions just as well. Aaron, I got yo back!
Cory,

If you are wanting to get a Milemarker E8000, (or Ramsey REP8000 for that matter) just head over to Harbor Freight and get their 8000lb winch that is only $299. It is the same exact winch as the Milemarker (I have a Milemarker E8000 and the HF 8000lb winch) and is cheaper. I completely understand that they are slow, and I have seen a solenoid go out on my buddie's Milemarker E8000, but I have not had any problems with mine. With the money that I saved I was able to get rid of the larger heavier 100ft 3/8" thick cable that comes with the Milemarker/HF winch (the Warn comes with a 5/16" cable=smaller) and get Masterpull synthetic line and a nice pretty aluminum hawse fairlead. **Be forewarned that these winches are SLOW though.**

Latest posts