• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mechanical fuel injection

Rons told me that it would not work well if you put it on gas, barrel valves aren't designed for part throttle, injector sizes are so small they clog up easy, and you need a fuel cell in the front due to the pumps designed to push not pull. I'm sure it could be done but it would be an aggrevatiing and unreliable setup imo.

The two that I have fooled with, Ron's flying toilet and the Enderle on drag cars are in my opinion is just made to be run wide open, they idle very rich and are quirky. No way I would want to run one on a trail rig especially since electronic injection prices have come down and seem to be working better.

I ran one on mine a couple times, I ran alcohol and it did great. The drivability was ok but fuel consumption was awful but man did it make some power and never ran hot. I used a lift pump setup similar to a diesel truck with a bypass and it was flawless. When I switched to gas it was harder to tune, I feel like I could have tuned it out but just didn't want to put the time or money into it. I had a Ron's Flying Toilet, I would sale the setup I had if you want it.