• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Melted Poly motor mount bushing... options...

zayne2427

There's only one way to find out
Working on my brother-in-laws buggy trying to get it ready for riding season. I noticed the motor mounts were completely melted.
here is a link to the part number that was on the back of the motor mount. Apparently they are leaf spring bushings and arent rated for header heat...
http://www.currieenterprises.com/ES-2223 Listed specs as "Bushing is 1.500" o.d. x 1.250" tall (not including flange) with a .750" hole that features 8 flute grooves for greasing. Flange is 2" o.d. x .250" thick.

anyone have a good option to replace these with.

You could build some new ones out of aluminum as long as you have or know someone who has a lathe. Doesn't look like any kind of flexible bushing will last with the exhaust that close to the mount.

tallnate said:
Doesn't look like any kind of flexible bushing will last with the exhaust that close to the mount.

I agree.

As an experiment you might try wrapping that section of exhaust with header wrap and see if it melts another set before going to more drastic measures.

If you solid-mount the engine you'll also need to do the transmission / t-case.

started digging around and the tcase is hard mounted so i went ahead and did away with the bushing and hard mouted the engine