• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Memorial Day Pics...

Pooh Your just lucky...

That red headed guy didn't decide to stay the weekend with you...

Huh? Where do you see that at? We used tree saver straps and snatch blocks all day long... nobody used a tree as a pully.

I believe this is what he's referring to...

Mem_Day_08_49.jpg

...but I fail to see how that could be construed as a "pully" when the vehicle in the pic is doing the pulling not someone up the line, not to mention that stump ain't getting any deader. :rolleyes:

I believe this is what he's referring to...

Mem_Day_08_49.jpg

...but I fail to see how that could be construed as a "pully" when the vehicle in the pic is doing the pulling not someone up the line, not to mention that stump ain't getting any deader. :rolleyes:

Could be what he is refering to. That "stump" was about 4' tall, dead as hell, and I dont' believe that the cable is actually rubbing it anyways... I think it is an optical illusion. I tried leaning against that stump and it damn near fell over, so there is no way to use it as a pulley, fulcrum, or anything else of assistance while winching. :awesomework:

we thought about using that same stump for a winch point on sunday but that thing is so dead that all it was good for was holding my beer in the hole near the top. My point is who cares about a cable touching a dead tree that is only six feet tall.

great pics thanks for sharing. It's so weird seeing Snow on a memorial day weekend... wtf is going on... :corn:

Could be what he is refering to. That "stump" was about 4' tall, dead as hell, and I dont' believe that the cable is actually rubbing it anyways... I think it is an optical illusion. I tried leaning against that stump and it damn near fell over, so there is no way to use it as a pulley, fulcrum, or anything else of assistance while winching. :awesomework:

That section is soo cool in the snow....

Glad we could be the first to run tripod... :cheer: As much of a bitch as it was... It was still fun, most of the time...

Especially when you dont have to pull out any cable:awesomework: :awesomework: :fawkdancesmiley:

I have been able to get thru there with no cable--but the last steep hill climb always gets me--plus thats the area I broke my wrist on a few years back....

Did you guys make it up there on Sunday?

No--we screwed around in other areas and didn't make it back up there. The only rig in our group that could have kept up with me lost a tire just past region 4 on saturday.... Even though I didn't get a chance to go all the way through----I had a good weekend...:awesomework: