• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mile Marker VS Warn

War-Jeeper

Mailbox Killing War-Ho
im looking at finally purchasing a winch and im trying to decide between a warn M8000 and a Mile Marker MX9 price diffrence between the two is like 20 bucks

the M8000 is an 8,000 pound winch compared to the MX9 which is 9,500 pounds

which is a better quality winch?

The Milemarker is china made and is the exact same winch as the Harbor freight 9000 with different stickers and controller. In fact when you order parts for it from harbor freight, the parts come on mile marker boxes.

You get what you pay for, but if you are gonna get the cheap winch, you might as well save $100 or more and get it from china freight.

I'm pretty sure the warns are still usa made, and have faster line speed, and are more stout. You pay for that in it's higher price.

Warn is on sale right now. http://www.gowarn.com/m8000WSL-winch.asp?gclid=CNKNgPDf_48CFQY8gwod0BVztw

Last edited:
your friends will hate you while waiting for you to respool your winch when used with the MM. get the warn.:awesomework:

Warn 9k. It's like with anything you buy for this hobby........cheap will bite you. Save for a few more weeks/months and get a warn 9k.

mile marker is junk. they sound horrible. the cable is junk. get a t max. Ive been installing these alot and they work great. I think the t max and warn are equals. seem to get more for your money with t max though.

I would go with Warn.
After this past weekends experance, line speed is important being our TEMPORY costco 8000 lb winch was 300.00 but its slow compaired to TQcj5's 8240-50.

We plan on getting a 9500TI or the 8274-50

you've had your warn apart two or three times already right :rolleyes:

And none of which was Warn's fault.........maybe some. The only thing they should do would be to state somewhere in their manual about if you mount feet forward you need to unplug the drain hole. The bumper makers should also mention it if they have a bumper that mounts Warn's feet forward.

I am 100% convinced both motor troubles have been because of water damage.

Anything else is garbage.:looser:

slow compaired to TQcj5's 8240-50

I've got the 8274-50 but I'm guessing that's what ya meant to say.

Like I said in another post, I haven't had to use it to get my rig unstuck yet, the few times it's helped others has impressed me. The line speed is amazingly quick. If yer not paying attention, ya might pull the hook right through the roller fairlead.

Latest posts