• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Milk Run with Loren Healy

blacksheep10 said:
Been that way for a few years. Randy is a "small guy" that builds his own **** and is insanely talented. That helps. He wins. For that matter, the Campbell's are in the same boat, build their own ****, build for others, do well, get sponsored, go big. Other than that independently well off or big money. Proximity to the playground helps as well

After being at hammers this year, even looking at the EMC cars was kinda painfull. I am still convinced a budget built 4400 car and a smart team! Not just driver, could do well at KOH. Not so much the series, but at hammers i still think it's possible.

You had me until the word smart came out. I would love to run the EMC once to see what the hoopla is about. I am am endurance guy in every sense of the word. Logging hours is the only thing I am good at, minus drinking beer (which I have cut way back) and running my mouth.

One day I will head out and fulfill this dream. Got a 60+ out there competing, might be 25 years before I get the same chance, but I'll have it one day.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Watched it on our 50" smart TV a lot better than the computer. Guess i'm getting old don't get all the tats and the flat bills . Awesome vid though like to take a ride in one.

lowbudgetjunk said:
You had me until the word smart came out. I would love to run the EMC once to see what the hoopla is about. I am am endurance guy in every sense of the word. Logging hours is the only thing I am good at, minus drinking beer (which I have cut way back) and running my mouth.

One day I will head out and fulfill this dream. Got a 60+ out there competing, might be 25 years before I get the same chance, but I'll have it one day.

I may have used the wrong wording with smart. I guess i ment a team that doesnt over drive there rig, and works really well together. Most people think the desert is the easy part and push harder there. In reality the desert is brutal on every part of the rig!! Then once you hit the rocks, all the fatigued parts start to show, and cause trouble.
I was lucky enough to copilot in the UTV class last year, and i still have a goal to finish the main event in a rig i built myself. If i am building it for me, it will have to be budget. Lol!!

I kept expecting the convenient store to a couple blocks down the road from the house on the way back home.

No tattoos but I do have a flatbill, a younger buddy of mine is pretty big in the drag radial racing scene and I occasionally crew for him. When in rome........ :JRich:

lowbudgetjunk said:

I'm right there with ya. would love to run the EMC sometime just to do it. it's always been on the "to-do" list. maybe one day I'll change a couple things and try to qualify

I can't keep track of all these stupid races. What is EMC? (Silly me, I thought it was Energy, Mass, Speed of Light!)

Only thing that separates the top tier EMC "stock mod" cars from the 4400s is the steering box and that's it. But I think PSC figured out some kinda trick orbital with a pitman arm just for the stockmod guys. Gotta make sure to bolt your frame rails in before the race though, might get a slap on the wrist if you don't :wtflol: Stock is the only class the "everyman" has a chance in, but even then you are running vs 100k$+ v8 grand cherokees with bypass shocks and coil springs.

I want to see the edit with out music...I'm sure it will show up eventually.

Re: Re: Milk Run with Loren Healy

FlatlandFSJ said:
Only thing that separates the top tier EMC "stock mod" cars from the 4400s is the steering box and that's it. But I think PSC figured out some kinda trick orbital with a pitman arm just for the stockmod guys. Gotta make sure to bolt your frame rails in before the race though, might get a slap on the wrist if you don't :wtflol: Stock is the only class the "everyman" has a chance in, but even then you are running vs 100k$+ v8 grand cherokees with bypass shocks and coil springs.

I want to see the edit with out music...I'm sure it will show up eventually.
4500 class (part of emc) is nothing but a lite 4400 class car. Just square frame rails becuase it has to be like the factory, 37" no sticky tire, and no trailing arm.

There is a big thread on pirate about the modified steering that work really well. A lot of guys had issues breaking the steering box.

A fast growing class is the legends (4800). 37" no sticky tire, full hydro is ok, trailing arms are good, but only a single shock. Bump stops are not counted as a shock. Then is comes down to tube size per weight.

Re: Re: Milk Run with Loren Healy

Mortalis5509 said:
4500 class (part of emc) is nothing but a lite 4400 class car. Just square frame rails becuase it has to be like the factory, 37" no sticky tire, and no trailing arm.

There is a big thread on pirate about the modified steering that work really well. A lot of guys had issues breaking the steering box.

A fast growing class is the legends (4800). 37" no sticky tire, full hydro is ok, trailing arms are good, but only a single shock. Bump stops are not counted as a shock. Then is comes down to tube size per weight.

that's probably the class I would have to try. 4400ish #s and mostly 1.75" and 1.88". would need a bladder for the cell too

Re: Re: Re: Milk Run with Loren Healy

1tfrot said:
that's probably the class I would have to try. 4400ish #s and mostly 1.75" and 1.88". would need a bladder for the cell too
That a baffling in the cell. Everything needs a catch can or 3 sides and down. On the diffs you could run spare steering hydro line for the vent.

The cool thing about weight per tube diameter, you can almost run a stripped down car from my understanding. Remove the spare parts, just enough fuel to make it move on its on, and no spare parts or fluid on board.

Re: Re: Re: Milk Run with Loren Healy

Mortalis5509 said:
That a baffling in the cell. Everything needs a catch can or 3 sides and down. On the diffs you could run spare steering hydro line for the vent.

The cool thing about weight per tube diameter, you can almost run a stripped down car from my understanding. Remove the spare parts, just enough fuel to make it move on its on, and no spare parts or fluid on board.

:dblthumb:

Latest posts