• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Millermatic 135 for my first welder

Myke J

So I found a Millermatic 135 on Craigslist. I've been wanting to pick up a welder and get better at welding for a while now. I've welded before with flux core and also with a stick welder, but I've never had my own. I'm just wondering what you guys think about this unit and if it would be a good welder for me to start with.

Thanks,

Myke J

It is a little small with a max amps at 135 and you can only weld up to 3/16 with a single pass but if the price is right it should make a nice little welder... Stick with the smaller wire .024/.025 don't run .030.

Last edited:
I ran one for a few years and it was a great little unit. dont use a extension cord and you will get better results. also if you have 12 gauge house wire going to your outlet works better than 16 gauge. if so .030 works pretty good. but no larger

:cool:

i advise getting the 175. i could imagine getting a 112v would be limiting as a lot of my work is with 1/4". It would be nice to have one for sheet metal fab though. I learned on my 175 and thus far it seems to be just right for me. Like those guys said though, if the price is right... go for it. It's a good machine and will get the job done.:awesomework:

i picked up this 175 for 600$ its hotter than i expected! plus miller quality
i'll get some weld pics up soon
175.jpg

Thanks for all the input guys :awesomework:

As far as the price being right, that's just it. I'm gonna trade Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii along with a little cash. Sounds like a deal to me.

I have a 135 and it works just fine for most things. I highly suggest spending a few bucks for the argon setup. I run .030 and on anything thicker then 3/16 you need to make a couple of passes. Make sure your work is clean and keep the machine as close to the power source as possible.

Yeah, I saw that one on there today. I would get it but I start a new job on Monday and money is tight right now. Hopefully I can buy myself a nice one for my birthday in May.

some losers broke into our house last 4th of july
all my neighbors have huge yards and get their
work done by shady illegals

That sucks man. I live in a really nice area now, but with my new job we will be moving in a few months. I hope we can find a nice neighborhood again, but with house prices so high, who knows.