• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mini buggy

Isn't there a WeRock buggy running the Twin Cam 4cyl and transaxle from a Saturn longitudinally? I know I read about it somewhere but can't remember the driver/team name.

Put some deep gears in a pair of cheap/free zuk axles and call it good.

Isn't there a WeRock buggy running the Twin Cam 4cyl and transaxle from a Saturn longitudinally? I know I read about it somewhere but can't remember the driver/team name.

Put some deep gears in a pair of cheap/free zuk axles and call it good.

there are guy's using Honda B18a motor's, honda b20's and whatever the hell a honda v6 is. Also a few suburu's out there. Maybe there is a saturn motored buggy out, but he's not a series regular, that or I just totally don't pay attention.

I got your axles mike......let me know when you want them back out there.....:haha: :haha:

Why is it everytime someone else asks this question, they get hammered about it...

I had this same idea and even had a pair of D44s, a Toyota drivetrain, a sprint car chassis, etc and everyone shot me down when I asked for advice, lol.

~T.J.

Why is it everytime someone else asks this question, they get hammered about it...

I had this same idea and even had a pair of D44s, a Toyota drivetrain, a sprint car chassis, etc and everyone shot me down when I asked for advice, lol.

~T.J.

Meow meow. Ya shoulda done it.

there are guy's using Honda B18a motor's, honda b20's and whatever the hell a honda v6 is. Also a few suburu's out there. Maybe there is a saturn motored buggy out, but he's not a series regular, that or I just totally don't pay attention.

The obscure frontwd powerplant guys are out east.

Mike, you must be cooking up a rig for Kyle :D

He wants one and I have the means to build him one ince my work load slows down

I still think this is the way to go.

http://hendrixmotorsports.com/_wsn/page5.html

Or any "formula" for that matter. :redneck:

Buy a pre-built chassis---Oh hell no

I got your axles mike......let me know when you want them back out there.....:haha: :haha:

Those poor things :haha:

build a mini buggy---something bigger than an oddesy but smaller than a full sized rig. Now lets say the whole idea of the rig was to do it as cheap as possable--but in such a way the parts used could be easily upgraded down the road..

What would you use :stirpot:

Subaru , light cheep good quality

How about a VW pancake with like a 2 spd powerglide onto a sami case with sami axles. Not much on the light side but would be fun.

You should be chastised severely for suggesting the use of an air cooled VW engine for anything at all ever :pissed:

:wtf: Have you smoked your weekly quota?

The air cooled VW motor is by far the smallest and lightest car motor(all magnisium and alluminium and no water to cool) I also think the most simple.

I favor the idea of a smokey 2 stroke snomobile enging and variable ratio trans. quick, light and all the power you want.

You should be chastised severely for suggesting the use of an air cooled VW engine for anything at all ever :pissed:

Well you should call the Nelson brother's and let them know air cooled VW's are not the hot ticket. They used them in Tiny and both of the Scrapper buggies(the winningest buggies in rock crawling) and they should probably know that they suck and should have them recalled. Oh yeah and let Shannon Campbell know too, he ditched his ecotec for vw, hopefully you get everybody straightened out in this confusion.:D