• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ministry on the trail

I think there is absolutely a need for ministry on the trails. I have often wondered how a brief bible study would turn out at some of these big events. Maybe in the camp grounds on Sunday mornings before the ride starts. I am very rarely at rides on Sundays due to being at church but maybe if a person found there self camping on Sunday they may want to give it a try. thumb.gif

Theres absolutely a need for it. my best friends are the guys i ride with an not all of them are saved. witnessing to someone is one of the hardest things there is to do even if its your own family

We are working on a ministry through our church. It is very early in the process and we are moving slow to make sure we handling it with excellence. We don't want to be a flash in the pan. We want a ministry that is first and foremost Glorifying God. If you email me back I will put you on the list and email you with progress schedules and prayer requests! Thanks for the support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that's awesome! I would love to be able to do that someday! Our goa for our ministry is for people to be calling us and asking us to come to their event. Over time we hope to make a huge impact on the people involved in the off road community. We want to start small and allow this to be Spirit led ministry. God is already doing so much and this thread is confirmation to me that we (you guys included) are heading in the right direction. It is exciting to see so much interest in a trail ministry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you read, please know that I am by no means suggesting that our idea is the best, or that it is the only way to share Christ with people on the trail. Our plan is to start making visits to parks throughout the southeast and riding Friday and spreading the word, then having a Bible study on Saturday morning and ride some more and then go home for church on Sunday. All of this would be to meet people and establish relationships and build a network and hopefully launch a full blown worship service at some point. Our goal is monthly or twice monthly services or really how ever much God allows us to do it. My dream would be for these racing series or big rides would call us and say "hey we want you guys to do your church service with us on our weekend" or allow us to preach to a crowd before a race. Something about sharing the Gospel and preaching the word to folks who are not expecting to hear it is so cool to me! I love the fact that there are many Christian off road clubs in the area and they will be a huge asset to us as we move along, but we want to be a geared toward worship, prayer and discipleship. As we get started I will keep you guys posted as to where we are going to be and when and we would love to have you join us! In the mean time pray for our ministry (as well as yours) and for the hearts of the people we will be ministering to. I hate to be so vague, but we are still early in the planning and want to make sure we are doing this with excellence! I want this ministry to be around for a LONG time and not something that is just a flash in the pan! I am really excited to see so many people who share our beliefs, hobbies, and passion for serving Christ.

Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
Not to push another board but there are a number of guys in east TN that would be interested. Most of them are only on 4x4grace.com though

Im one of the Board of Directors for 4x4grace.com. please come visit the site. Lack of members is causing a threat of shutting it down

I would be offended by someone trying to "save" me while im out 4 wheeling. I think everyone needs to believe what they believe because they believe it. Wether that is in Jesus, allah, the flying spaghetti monster, all/none of the above, or otherwise.

If im out wheeling, Im there to do just that. Nothing more, nothing less.

I believe that if someone wants to learn about a religion they will seek it on their own. I think "witnessing" and trying to save people outside of the church is offensive, hypocritical, and I for one would not appreciate it.

That said, I'm sure you boys have the best of intentions. Im just one guy that takes offense to these methods. Do what you want!

Olivedrabcj7 said:
I would be offended by someone trying to "save" me while im out 4 wheeling. I think everyone needs to believe what they believe because they believe it. Wether that is in Jesus, allah, the flying spaghetti monster, all/none of the above, or otherwise.

If im out wheeling, Im there to do just that. Nothing more, nothing less.

I believe that if someone wants to learn about a religion they will seek it on their own. I think "witnessing" and trying to save people outside of the church is offensive, hypocritical, and I for one would not appreciate it.

That said, I'm sure you boys have the best of intentions. Im just one guy that takes offense to these methods. Do what you want!
my sentiments as well. ;)

I don't think they have plans to go all jahova on everybody. But instead, to offer a short service, or lesson, that you would have the ability to attend if desired. It has been done by Lyman at Hawk Pride. Also at Choccolocco at the last ARCS race.

I have to tell you, some of my best memories as a kid was at the lake, where on Sunday morning, you would pull up in your boat or swim in the lake while a short (15 minute or so) lesson and prayer were given. Followed by a day of water sking.

I've done a couple devotionals before rides, result was a HUGE response each time. I'm out of the game now, but I know people will show up to it. I loved doing them, had the entire bleachers at Gray Rock full one time and almost made me throw up to speak to that big of a crowd, but key is that the bleachers where full. People need Jesus, good luck!

We have had a 'service' for the drivers at EVERY ARC race this season. I am a Christian, but will NEVER shove my faith in someone's face. As John G stated, it's voluntary and we'd never make someone attend. Every major Motorsport has this offered. We are no different.

Props to those who make the effort to have something and for those who want no part of it... I'll respect that as well

See you all at the next one!