• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MMORV - ROCK RALLY '10... August 7th

Re: ROCK RALLY '10... August 7th

tuckin20 said:
Jimmy I don't think it was lack of effort on any of yall's part. Was anything else going on that weekend? The attendance was very low. I don't know what will bring the crowd in, but the event seems appealing enough. The track was laid out well for both races, and very organized. I was banking on having to park on the street to get in. Maybe it was the heat. Mmm! wet socks on a hot August day in Alabama.

Idea for next years race, CIRCLE 8 That ought to get peoples attention. thumb.gif :eek:

I think it was just due to the rain :****:

Its a good comp that people look forward to but i know a couple that didn't come b/c of the rain.

This was only the 2ND year....I think you should give it one more try :dblthumb:

The racing is really catching on and the big crawlers are going out.

Ive thought about selling mine and building a more racer friendly rig :woot: :woot: :driving: drool

Modified to add
If next year comes around and your still thinking of not doing it, you should try a pre register thread with a set required # of pre entries
:dblthumb: :spin: loller.gif :dunno:

Selling food and drinks would also bring in some more $$$$$$
I was starving and nothing to eat :****: :wtflol: :dunno:

I agree on the either camping or getting up at butt crack of dawn to get there, but the race had to start early to get it all in for the day.

Heat was also an issue, but we live in the south so suck it up. I ran the generator on my camper all weekend and still was hot.

Also something to eat would be nice. I did survive the weekend though with my ham and cheese on loaf.

I think the small racer turnout was a result of a lot of people destroying their rigs in last year's race and still building new ones this year. :****:

Correct me fi I'm wrong but I think there was a good number of racers from last year that didn't come this year. It would be interesting to poll them somehow to find out why ...

J. J.

Neal3000 said:
if you could somehow convince the KOH people to grant the overall winner a starting spot in KOH it would probably bring out some big dawg racers...

also here's a breakdown for weather/temp. and avg. rainfall per month for heflin, al

http://countrystudies.us/united-states/weather/alabama/heflin.htm

I believe KOH qualifier spots cost about 3k a piece. :****:

Neal3000 said:
if you could somehow convince the KOH people to grant the overall winner a starting spot in KOH it would probably bring out some big dawg racers...

also here's a breakdown for weather/temp. and avg. rainfall per month for heflin, al

http://countrystudies.us/united-states/weather/alabama/heflin.htm

That would pretty much take the grass roots/fun aspect out of it and there wasn't a single rig there that would pass tech for that sort of race. I for one enjoy the backwoods type races because it gives us rednecks a chance to compete without having to spend a million dollars on bladder fuel cells and rear facing ambers

Andrew that is exactly how I feel about it ;) I got no bling for there blang :****:

redneckengineered said:
That would pretty much take the grass roots/fun aspect out of it and there wasn't a single rig there that would pass tech for that sort of race. I for one enjoy the backwoods type races because it gives us rednecks a chance to compete without having to spend a million dollars on bladder fuel cells and rear facing ambers

Did you replace your divet? :flipoff1: :flipoff1: molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh

draggbody said:
planning is not the problem, getting people there is...

Didn't mean to insult your efforts if I did. Not my intent. When I say planning I mean marketing and/or pimping it out more. As far as how the planning was done, trails marked and such it was excellent! So if you're into just focusing on the course and things ya love about doing it Jimmy some of us can support the cause in other ways taking some of the "burden" off of you bro! Don't hesitate to ask for help! I know it's hard keeping a lot of us whiny beotches happy and all but the way I look at it is those wanting to have another race should either chip in and make it better or STFU and let it die with ya! I prefer to chip in! :drinkers:

redneckengineered said:

I'm sure you could probably pawn some of those strobes you've got to cover the ambers ... they're probably a hot-ticket item in the hood ... molaugh

J. J.

redneckengineered said:

i agree with that 100% i love the grassroots/backwoods/redneck aspect of the race too......was just trying to think of ideas to attract more racers/spectators

I got police gumballs on mine, aint seen no panties drop yet. Guess I am at the wrong place right time. WHat's that secret? flashemifyougotem :dunno:

Well, I am twice his age and some, I should see twice as much flashemifyougotem right? Might have to put on my cheaters to see them though. molaugh

I had to cross post this over here. Too funnah to let is slide.

I swear everybody was making it thru both lines down there,

Then we heard this noise coming down the hill. Tree's were shaking, it kinda looked like a dinosour feeding and making its why down the hill. Then I saw it was the Big Ford truck.

Women started grabing up their kids and running. I saw it first start to vent when it was feeding in the narrow bottom. The driver was doing a good job at keeping the head of the monster up so that it would not eat too much. They backed it up putting a nice even coat of green stuff down all the way back to the "P" line sign. Then he sprayed up the hill to the fallen tree and parked it.

The driver & codriver walked off and came back about 45 min later with some of the thickest black condums I have ever seen. They started cuttin those condums up into shorter ones and put them up in the front of that beast. After it started eating again I pulled my shirt up so the monster could see my man boob's and I hollered "Let it eat" They zipped on out of there then.!

booyang booyang

Latest posts