• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Modified stock Toy power steering pump or other?

monstaru

Ok, So the threads over on Pirate on this subject are full of Tech, but no long run experience.

Who is/has run a modified stock pump with hydro assist?
Once again.Found the tech on it.
Just looking for experience of reliability.

I AM putting it on a Subaru motor.So...I can pretty much line up any smaller pulley setup(ribbed).

I am leaning towards modifying the Stock Toy pump if I can find a ribbed pulley that will fit it(like 02 Tacoma , I think).
But have looked at the TC style pumps too obviously.

What ye say?
cheers

My stock pump and unassisted steering works great. My pump has seen 4 years of bad abuse with NO cooler and nasty 4 year old fluid. Works great. :D

No pesky ram to rip steering arms off tho.

hydro/hydro assist is for is for dana axles with king pins.

My stock pump and unassisted steering works great. My pump has seen 4 years of bad abuse with NO cooler and nasty 4 year old fluid. Works great. :D

No pesky ram to rip steering arms off tho.

hydro/hydro assist is for is for dana axles with king pins.

Says the guy that has arms twice the size of me:haha::fawkdancesmiley:

Double compound fracture of ulna and radius with less arm now says Ima need assist to turn 37's:looser::mad:

However, I'm willing to try it without assist first if I could find a tierod/draglink to use:redneck:

cheers

I have ran a stock pump with a ram for over eight years now with no problems. All I did was drill the port on the pump out a little and run a nice big cooler.:awesomework::beer:

I have ran a stock pump with a ram for over eight years now with no problems. All I did was drill the port on the pump out a little and run a nice big cooler.:awesomework::beer:

ran mine probably that long also... made a little noise but worked great... Went one 32nd bigger than what guys on pirate did and ran a cheapo trans cooler for the hydro

My buggy
Stock pump drilled for more flow
No cooler
Semi truck res.
Full hydro

Jeremys truck
Stock pump, drilled for more flow and piston shimmed for more press.
Full hydro, semi res. No cooler.

My sami
Stock pump drilled for more flow
No cooler, semi resivour
Dual rams
Full hydro

Drilled and shimmed yota pump, cheap cooler, kenworth reservoir and full hydro worked sweet on both yota and a Dana 60. Now that same pump is living the easy life on my wifes ifs yota some 7 years later.