• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Money Transfer Options?

Wire Transfer only.

Big stuff I wont take the cash. I've gotten so many fake $5's $10's & $20's in the past year I carry a counterfeit pen I got from Office Depot in both my trucks. When I get change back at the fast food drive-up window I check it.
Those :JRich: like to take a good bill out of the drawer, pocket it, and swap the bad bill and hand out the window to you. Popeyes and Whataburger are the two bad ones I've found. Never gotten a fake at Chic-Fil-A for what its worth.

InDaShop said:
Wire Transfer only.

Big stuff I wont take the cash. I've gotten so many fake $5's $10's & $20's in the past year I carry a counterfeit pen I got from Office Depot in both my trucks. When I get change back at the fast food drive-up window I check it.
Those :JRich: like to take a good bill out of the drawer, pocket it, and swap the bad bill and hand out the window to you. Popeyes and Whataburger are the two bad ones I've found. Never gotten a fake at Chic-Fil-A for what its worth.

Wow that's unbelievable. Never entered my mind to check my change!

He is going to western union the money to his brother and his brother is bringing me cash. We are splitting the fees. Safest way I could come up with.

Re: Re: Money Transfer Options?

smbroady82 said:
I have used PayPal with several members on here. I don't see what is so hard about it. Jduck and I made a $1500 transaction and it was in my PayPal acct. within seconds of him sending it. No one had to carry any cash around. Easy.

Is there a reason so many of you shy away from it? JW
I use paypal all the time too, wonder if there is a limit there? I've never used it for more than a couple grand.

Bebop said:
Not if they send money via the "send money between friends" option.

yep, that option offers the "buyer" no protection, so if they (buyer) has the money in their account (or linked back account), there is no fees to either party, and the receiver has funds instantly.

I paid for a buggy chassis that way, sold a bunch of parts that way also.

Bebop said:
Not if they send money via the "send money between friends" option.

that's what I was thinking

TBItoy said:
yep, that option offers the "buyer" no protection, so if they (buyer) has the money in their account (or linked back account), there is no fees to either party, and the receiver has funds instantly.

right, and handing someone cash offers the "buyer" no protection as well

blacksheep10 said:
PP can pull money back if they dispute it. It may be "in" your account but is not yours until it is transferred from PP to your bank, then you transfer it out of that account into a separate non buffer account.

Yep, I sold a set of cromo axle shafts a few years back on ebay, the shafts had very little rust pitting that I showed in the pics and described. A few months went by and I was checking my account, and saw that I had a paypal debit. I don't check things much when I don't need it. Turns out dude disputed it, and paypal gave him his money back and sucked it out of my account, no questions asked. It took me awhile to get them back also.