• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mono link a 4Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
To each there own. All you can do is inform--if they don't want to listen then thats there choice. And it really doesn't matter as long as it doesn't affect anybody else. If somebody wants to be narrow minded and put themselfs in harms way well there isn't a dang thing we can do about it.
I agree to a point but the problem is when he crashes his crate and squishes him self it cost us money because they have to send life flight out to get him. Not only that I really don't want my good wheeling day ruined when I come along and find some dude with some square tubing stuck in his head.

So every body that does not have 2" or 1"1/2 round .120 is un safe right or if they dont do what you guys say.
As it was told to me from TC if you dont have a cage you should not leave the gravel road.

This is true. He had two engineers tell him his errors on TC and he flipped out. Meh.

I tried really hard to help the guy, gave him some advice to listen to those who do this stuff for a living...but you know.

The thing that really pissed me off was that Scoot and his dad spent most of their day helping him get his broken crap off of 7-up instead of wheeling. Helped him get it back to his truck...and didn't even get so much as a thank you for their tiime. That was pretty messed up! So, it is not like his online personality sucks and he is cool in person.

Anyway, back to your regular thread.

And Mike...I'm like a thorn in your taint. You don't really know if you like it there or not. ;)

I agree to a point but the problem is when he crashes his crate and squishes him self it cost us money because they have to send life flight out to get him. Not only that I really don't want my good wheeling day ruined when I come along and find some dude with some square tubing stuck in his head.

Good points. But the same can be said by any type of accident out in the woods.

So every body that does not have 2" or 1"1/2 round .120 is un safe right or if they dont do what you guys say.
As it was told to me from TC if you dont have a cage you should not leave the gravel road.

I was going to stay quiet on this subject but I will give you my input from a number of years of designing and building cages for others. Quite simply round tubing is going to have the same strength regardless of how you hit it--you will not achive that with square material. Granted at the corners square material is far stronger but your relying on hitting that one area. To me thats just not simply safe because as we all know you never have an accident that hits "just right". Take that for face value. I personally would not have said something if it wasn't for the fact that somebody's life could be changed.

This is true. He had two engineers tell him his errors on TC and he flipped out. Meh.

I tried really hard to help the guy, gave him some advice to listen to those who do this stuff for a living...but you know.

The thing that really pissed me off was that Scoot and his dad spent most of their day helping him get his broken crap off of 7-up instead of wheeling. Helped him get it back to his truck...and didn't even get so much as a thank you for their tiime. That was pretty messed up! So, it is not like his online personality sucks and he is cool in person.

And Mike...I'm like a thorn in your taint. You don't really know if you like it there or not. ;)

You sweet talker you :fawkdancesmiley:

Ha dicks look in to square vs round mild steel if you give a ****

Let this be a warning for you and anybody else who choose's to throw terms like this around. I WILL NOT tollerate it--and I will simply remove the problem and that goes for ANYBODY.

ok u **** first of all i didn't ask scoot to to post my **** on the web and right before i rolled i went up airplane 2times once by my self and the 2nd time to go along with one of scoots guys because the rest of them didnt wont to go, so after words i went to 7 up and played for 20 min or so before i rolled and soon as i rolled scoot and his boys rolled up and THANKFULL helped so all day no an hour or so yes but nice try

If someone I didn't know did that for me I would been dang near kissing there feet. Regardless of your fab skills the fact you didn't even thank the people that helped you for this grand gesture shows you need to work on your personality.

ok u **** first of all i didn't ask scoot to to post my **** on the web and right before i rolled i went up airplane 2times once by my self and the 2nd time to go along with one of scoots guys because the rest of them didnt wont to go, so after words i went to 7 up and played for 20 min or so before i rolled and soon as i rolled scoot and his boys rolled up and THANKFULL helped so all day no an hour or so yes but nice try

You just cant help it can you? :beatdeadhorse:

Joe...your not a very smart guy.

That was Scoots story, so your calling the guy a liar that bailed your in trouble butt out. Hey...you just showed your true colors not only on the net, but in person with a great guy and his father. Scoot is a really nice person I know he would help anyone out. He also doesn't bash on people (as you chose to do) and I refrain my final judgments for people until I meet them in person.

However, I hope to never meet you in person as I just don't think your the type of person I'd like around me. Enjoy your ban from here with your BS. Keep this up and you'll find no site will tolerate you. :flipoff:

Dude you are really showing your true colors, you ask for advise andt hen throw it back in everyones face who is trying to help you. Act your age not your shoe size :looser:

exactly, i was an engineer for a pretty big fabrication company and now the welding work i do has to be structurally sound considering the circumstances.

We tried our best to explain that if he just made a few changes in the design it would hold up alot better in the event of a roll, but he continued to say that his design was flawless and was better designed than everyones round tube cages.

The issue isn't the fact that you're using square tube as square is just fine. The issue is what you're doing with the square tube.:awesomework:

That horse got beat so much it was liquified on tc... It hasn't been mentioned here but the chassis is made up of .065, .095 and .120" tube, what is used where I couldn't tell ya.

Now do you all understand why I said joe basically spit in our faces when we tried to help? Welcome to the club, just know that you are all misguided in your thinking that round tube is superior.

Now you know. :haha:

Now you know. :haha:

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Trashy you win, sorry for low shots:D
my point in the beginning on TC is i did not disregard safety and i looked in to square tube there are good points and bad there are ways to do it stronger for shore and more points of contact could be done but this is what i did.
My buggy is a prototype that i'm steadily changing and still will change as i go so my ass will being hanging out a bit so laugh quietly
The kitchen is to hot for me and the web is making me act like an ass so i'm out of this scene not butt hurt will a little:D
Sorry for the name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.