• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Monroe Monitor...page 3

The artical starts off calling the area reiter trails and ends with calling it Reiter pit hahaha

But I do not argee with this:

my guess is so that we won't lose it as a place to wheel or ride dirtbikes. in other words it becomes an orv park, it's hard to get rid of, unlike a undesignated area. sort of like the idea that if something becomes a law, it is a lot harder to get rid of than a bill in congress.... that's what i'm guessing. i sure hope no trails get closed...

Yeah...

Can anyone tell me what Legitimize means and how it will have a positive impact on Reiter and the ORV crowd?

It means that if we place nice with each other, no one is going to come along and say " somebody pissed in the pool. It is my pool, everybody out and don't come back".

Like they did up at 116th and I-5

once it is a legitimate park everything has to be done by a process. That is both good and bad, but at least we will have a say in it.

i sure hope no trails get closed...

From what I picked up at the meeting last night about what happens when they reach Phase 7 (implementation) at or around June 2009 in regards to trails and possible closures:

1. Spend the $$$ (grant needed) and manpower to bring the trails up to DNR standards. (just think of Walker Valley)
2. Close the trails until #1 can be accomplished.
3. Close the trail and rehabilitate it back to it's natural state, meaning you don't get it back.
4. Ignore it...but I don't think this will be an option after June 2009.

Is there an option 5?

It means that if we place nice with each other, no one is going to come along and say " somebody pissed in the pool. It is my pool, everybody out and don't come back".

Like they did up at 116th and I-5

once it is a legitimate park everything has to be done by a process. That is both good and bad, but at least we will have a say in it.

I'm not familiar with 116th and I-5? was that DNR as well?

now it is my understanding if the area becomes an ORV park there are grants that open up which users can apply for and will be use for trail repair, bridge building, and such but as it stand now the reiter area does not qualify.

now it is my understanding if the area becomes an ORV park there are grants that open up which users can apply for and will be use for trail repair, bridge building, and such but as it stand now the reiter area does not qualify.

Grants must be applied for, they must be approved. Just because Reiter becomes a Legitimate ORV area doesn't necessarily mean that these grants will be approved.

You are correct about the grant process being made available to Rieter if it becomes a legit ORV area.

oh man I remember 116th and I-5 back before I could drive! ... we'd pass it every other weekend on my way to Bellingham. It was sad to see it shutdown, and its amazing not much has been done yet... except for a new road through the middle. Still, there is lots of open space around there.

I hope reiter becomes legit--on the otherhand, I worry about the 'interest' government officals are taking. I hope environmentalists don't get involved and get it shutdown like North Fork.

I think everyone should stop meeting w people... esspecially reporters. Ignorance is bliss in the eyes of most officials, if we keep up the maintenance like clean up days and just do it the way we've been doing noone will do anything with reiter. It will remain the same place its always been but cleaner.

I think everyone should stop meeting w people... esspecially reporters. Ignorance is bliss in the eyes of most officials, if we keep up the maintenance like clean up days and just do it the way we've been doing noone will do anything with reiter. It will remain the same place its always been but cleaner.
It will get cleaner? We already do two cleanups a year...