• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Monroe Monitor...page 3

I don't see how a designated (official) area is somehow protected? I think that it may lower the extent and possability of closures but it doesn't offer and real protection.

Ok--may not 100% protect it but does lower it. Plus from what I have seen over the years it does give the usergroups more of a foothold on it---working with the DNR to resolve any issues that may result in lost trails. Plus usergroups can also work on grants to aid in keeping whats there--there aka money for trail repairs ect.....

Ok--may not 100% protect it but does lower it. Plus from what I have seen over the years it does give the usergroups more of a foothold on it---working with the DNR to resolve any issues that may result in lost trails. Plus usergroups can also work on grants to aid in keeping whats there--there aka money for trail repairs ect.....

Once it becomes an "official" area and the IAC or NOVA commities fund grants for it it gains considerable protection. If closed or sold later all public funds used on the project would have to return to the Funding agency. This also goes for the value of all matching funds AKA volunteer hours. Make sure good records are kept from all work partys even if it just a couple of people.

Once it becomes an "official" area and the IAC or NOVA commities fund grants for it it gains considerable protection. If closed or sold later all public funds used on the project would have to return to the Funding agency. This also goes for the value of all matching funds AKA volunteer hours. Make sure good records are kept from all work partys even if it just a couple of people.

So it's protected by way of who provided the $$$ for grants that get spent on ORV related projects?

So if the DNR sells off the area known as Cable Trail and a previous IAC grant for $100k was used to improve Cable Trail then the $100k would have to be refunded to the IAC?

I know you guys are mostly main-landers but on the peninsula there have been fights over Tahuya and guess what, Due to cooperation of organized groups they have won legal battle, after legal battle trying to close those trails, It is a ORV park and the trails are maintained and they do close trails and they do open new trails and there is somwhat harmony after being even closer to closure then reiter, whay are they still around? It was designated ORV land and it has people fighting for it.

If you work and can not attend meetings, write a letter and have someone you know is going to the meeting present it, or deliver it for you. If you have the opportunity to talk about the trails say positive things,

Don't talk about boo on the government, boo on the greenies, boo on the trash dumpers.

Say things like the trails are cleaner then ever, we are working WITH the DNR to establish set trails, it has taken alot of work but we are closer then ever.

People without a clue as to whats going on feed off of your input if all you say are negative things that is all they will repeat.

If you dream it you can do it! Shake and Bake!

So it's protected by way of who provided the $$$ for grants that get spent on ORV related projects?

So if the DNR sells off the area known as Cable Trail and a previous IAC grant for $100k was used to improve Cable Trail then the $100k would have to be refunded to the IAC?

Thats how I have read it. Wasn't there a battle on the ORV area over by olympia where grant $$ was used and then they closed the doors on the place?

Yes, thats the way its supposed to work

Thats how I have read it. Wasn't there a battle on the ORV area over by olympia where grant $$ was used and then they closed the doors on the place?

straddle line aks thurston co ORV park and yes that was a large part as to why its open again.

So jim--- Lets say they sink $10,000 into a single trail over the course of a # of years--and that trail gets closed. I assume since the land is still in the DNR's trust and the trail is just closed--the $$ does not have to be paid back?

So jim--- Lets say they sink $10,000 into a single trail over the course of a # of years--and that trail gets closed. I assume since the land is still in the DNR's trust and the trail is just closed--the $$ does not have to be paid back?

My guess is that they don't have to cough up any green until money is actually made (logged) from the area in question.

And then there is probably a stipulation somehwere that states if the area was closed for "x" amount of time before being sold off than nothing needs to be repaid.

Lawyers and Governments work every angle to their advantage.

well there are reasons as to why they could close it without repaying the money. Bit most likely they would have to be sued over it. Case in point. Thurston co wanted to sell the ORV park but would have had to pay IAC back the "millions" of dollars to do so. They couldnt afford to do so so they wound up in a trade off deal and Grays harbor co took it over. In order for the IAC to get its money back they would have had to sue the county. Govt suing the Govt, what a fiasco. Back to your question. What would most likely happen is they would have to give a like amount of trail in another location. Just like at Elbe some trails were lost but I dont belive there was any "net loss" of trail miles since new trails were built. These kinds of things need to be worded into a contract with the users that are supporting the system. I have not heard if region one is stepping to the plate and getting a contract between the DNR and PNW4WDA but we have them with every other DNR locaton that were using.

My guess is that they don't have to cough up any green until money is actually made (logged) from the area in question.

And then there is probably a stipulation somehwere that states if the area was closed for "x" amount of time before being sold off than nothing needs to be repaid.

Lawyers and Governments work every angle to their advantage.

DNR dosent typicly sell land. they do trade it at times but it has the same issues. They do have timber sales and there nothing stopping them from logging the entire area at any time. This is why its so very important to be involved in the process and to have a good contract with them stating that there will be "no net loss" as well as stating that all trails must be protected and replaced after logging or New trail must be provided to replace lost milage.Also needed is a stipulation that the DNR will notify the users that a logging sale is planned if it will impact a trail. The problem is with "new" trail is that it has to go through the entire enviromental and funding cycle that can take up to 5 years to complete.

DNR dosent typicly sell land. they do trade it at times but it has the same issues. They do have timber sales and there nothing stopping them from logging the entire area at any time. This is why its so very important to be involved in the process and to have a good contract with them stating that there will be "no net loss" as well as stating that all trails must be protected and replaced after logging or New trail must be provided to replace lost milage.Also needed is a stipulation that the DNR will notify the users that a logging sale is planned if it will impact a trail. The problem is with "new" trail is that it has to go through the entire enviromental and funding cycle that can take up to 5 years to complete.

Perfect example as to why we need people INVOLVED