• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Morristown red light cameras!!

cj7-377

Go two in the mail to day with in a minute a part $50 bucks each . No numbers to call . Anyone ever fight these things?
Was told buy a state trooper that you don't have to pay these. He said to ask for the officers that seen you commit this crime
To be in court the day . Said that the judge will throw it out. But I'm 7 hours from there.

Saw a thing not long ago that they cannot do anything to you over these period. They cannot take your license, they cannot not renew your license or registration, they cannot take you to collection. It was an investigative report of some sort.

Re: Morristown red light cameras!!

I can only speak for Florida. They send the invoice with a link to the camera footage. You have 30 days to send a response requesting a court date. Once you decide to go to court, a LEO reviews the footage and issues an actual citation. If you choose to just pay the original invoice ($155), it is considered a civil fine, not a moving violation, so no points, and no insurance notification. If you fight and lose, then the points show on your record, and insurance companies see it on your record.
There are law firms that claim they can get it dismissed, but it will cost you more than the $155 to make it happen, and even then, no guarantees.
Unreal, right?

mudpup said:
I can only speak for Florida. They send the invoice with a link to the camera footage. You have 30 days to send a response requesting a court date. Once you decide to go to court, a LEO reviews the footage and issues an actual citation. If you choose to just pay the original invoice ($155), it is considered a civil fine, not a moving violation, so no points, and no insurance notification. If you fight and lose, then the points show on your record, and insurance companies see it on your record.
There are law firms that claim they can get it dismissed, but it will cost you more than the $155 to make it happen, and even then, no guarantees.
Unreal, right?

So here's my issue with that. Because my windows are tinted illegally, there is absolutely no way that camera can identify the driver. Therefore they have no reason to believe it was me driving. Yes, the vehicle is registered to me. How many of us have let someone else (think spouse) drive their vehicle? Tons.

But that logic might just buy me an illegal tint ticket.

Also, in case you fellas weren't aware, in lots of places, if you are speeding when you run said red light, you get one for that as well.

Many places give you the option of signing an affadavit giving all of the info of the person who was actually driving you vehicle...

Great dinner topic .... "Honey I told the cops it was you that ran the red light last week so you'll probably get a ticket in the mail.... Pass the potatoes please"

That's part of the problem I was in my daughters car.if it was in my name I would no worrie about it she having a fit.
I can make her understand that I doesn't go on her driver license

cj7-377 said:
That's part of the problem I was in my daughters car.if it was in my name I would no worrie about it she having a fit.

Ha! Well, in that case, maybe stop running back to back redlights in a borrowed vehicle! :****:

creepycrawly said:
Ha! Well, in that case, maybe stop running back to back redlights in a borrowed vehicle! :****:
I know that :dunno:

It was 11:45 at night had been up for 18 hours was not paying attention.

I know plenty of people in East TN (Jonesborough, and Piney Flats) that never pay them, and nothing has happened to them. There has been plenty of debate over them, how accurate they are, if they change the time on them to snap your pic quicker during holiday's ect... one town was trying to get them taken down.

muddinmetal said:
Did you or did you not get caught breaking the law? If so, pay the ****ing ticket and shut up :driving:
Kinda what I was thinking. It's like bitching at a cop for pulling you over going 70 in a 65. I don't care if it was just 5 over its still speeding

cj7-377 said:

Contact the issuing authority and tell them it was you... I suspect they'd be happy to change it to your name.

Most places that have redlight cameras have been sued over them. The way they are handled in at least in one city in Alabama is that a private company runs the cameras and sends the video to the police department. An officer at the police department reviews the video then confirms or denies whether or not the light was run. Then a "ticket" is sent out, this ticket is handled civily and therefore if you do not pay it the fine gets sent to collections. It doesnt go on your driving record and due to to it not being a criminal offense they do not have to prove who was driving, they only have to prove who's vehicle ran the light. As far as Alabama goes it has been upheld in court as being legal and going to court to fight it usually results in being found "responsible" and having court costs tacked onto the fine.

We have them in Chattanooga and I've gotten two for 45 in a 40 never paid them or responded in any way nothing happened I agree running red lights is dangerous and all of that but if I were you I would wipe my ass with them and send them back