• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Motor Help ASAP

C

Cole

So Woodlee and his dad went to hook up my Fuel lines and it turns out my Fuel rail doesn't have a return line, it only has a Pressure line. My motor came out of a Motor home, its an 04. Does anyone know if you can just hook the fuel pump up without a return line. I don't have a clue, woodlee thinks it will run like ****, but he doesn't really know.
Any help would be appreciated. Worse case,I will just buy a different Fuel Rail from the Dealership. I sure that will be cheap. I really don't wana have to do that.

you need to find out whether or not the fuel pressure is the same as a 6.0/ls1/6. the factory inline filter off of a 99+ vette is $50 at the parts store and has a filter/regulator in it. it has a return line on it and you just put it right by your pump and your return line is like a foot long. then you only have one fuel line.

That might work I don't know. The fuel pumps in the new trucks is a pressure sensitive unit in the tank something to do with the drive by wire. There is a Regulator on the motor, I dont have a clue about any of this ****. Woodlee tried to explain it to me, but I am clueless. I do know if I have to get a new fuel rail its gonna cost like $450.
He thinks that if you run the fuel line through the regulator without a return line it will foul the plugs.
I know I am not good at relaying what he was saying and this might not make any sense.

I thought it was common on newer motors not to have a return line. I know my 99 4.0 does not have one from the factory. Hell I don't know anything about GM motors anyways :flipoff1:

This is why I like old ( simple and cheap ) TBI fuel injection. I cant afford all these parts and problems :flipoff1:

P said:
This is why I like old ( simple and cheap ) TBI fuel injection. I cant afford all these parts and problems :flipoff1:

Im beginning to wish I would have just kept my other motor.

Who knows, I am over it. I guess whenever its done and works right Woodlee will let me know.
Might just sale it and buy a nice camera and just video everything