• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

motor

4.0 I would think it would be easier and cheeper to do I would also look into see what adapters you would need and if any
and im shure it would fit alout better in the engine compartment too

Also the vortec is a 2002 by the way. just helping him out and what year do you guys think is the best 4.0 to use.

IMO the 4.3 is a better way to go. And this is why.
Stronger/better tranny options,
Gets Better fuel mileage,
Alot Better high RPM performance;
Shorter drivetrain due to the V-6 being a shorter package(allowing a longer rear driveshaft which is much needed in a short wheelbase Heep).

The 4.0 is a descent motor, but IMO the 4.3 has to many pluses and I cant find really anything that makes the 4.0 a better option.

I have wheeled both the 4.0ho and the 4.3 I like the 4.3 much better. More power better at Rpm's and better fuel. I would go with the 4.3.

Im not sure if i went to the right spot. But when i goggled it the 4.0 was 190hp and the 4.3 was 193hp.

Im not sure if i went to the right spot. But when i goggled it the 4.0 was 190hp and the 4.3 was 193hp.

Thats jeep VS chevy Hp.

Chevs are twice as powerful as jeeps, everyone know that.

It should be like this Jeep =190hp Chev =386hp

Or like this Jeep =95hp Chev =193hp

whichever you prefer.

My vote is on the 4.3 too.:awesomework:

:awesomework:niether! drop a small block in it and get it done the right way from the start!

X3 if your gonna do it might as well do it right:awesomework: swap in a vortec SBC and you wont be disappointed:cool:

On another note, there is some terrible spelling in this thread:haha::fawkdancesmiley:

If you are going to spend the time and money doing an engine swap, put a V8 in it.

You didn't buy a Jeep for the fuel economy...

If you V8 it now you won't have to do it later...

Cost is negligable compared to swapping in a 4.3

Plenty of room for 2 more cylinders, see it all the time.

There are more aftermarket parts for most V8's than the 4.0 or 4.3