• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nitrous on lq4 motor

84mallcrawl said:
The reason behind the wet shot is that you are not depending on your main fuel system (injectors) to support the extra hp, most factory ecus won't react fast enough to add the extra fuel needed to prevent detonation, and adjusting the amount of fuel with a wet kit is a simple jet change. As far as gasoline ponding the controller can bring that to a minimum by not engaging at too low of rpm

Yeah, kinda ...

well, you are depending on your main fuel system since your using the schrader valve off the fuel rail. I see what your saying and it sounded great in import tuner magazine :fish:but for the few times ole Clint will be spraying his motor a simple dry kit will be fine. Heck he's talking about a 100 shot not 300+ lol

rednecklights said:
but for the few times ole Clint will be spraying his motor a simple dry kit will be fine. Heck he's talking about a 100 shot not 300+ lol

I ain't scared to mash my motor :****: :flipoff1:

But really sounds like there is a few people that have had quite a bit of experience with nitrous on here the main reason that I am considering spray is one I want to ride around and purge the system before I hit something to get my YouTube exposer up :dblthumb: and secondly my high gear will be a touch under geared and concerned about not being able to use high gear on long climbs so how bad would it be to spray when the motor is under heavy load like that??? I think if I did it a window controller is a must also I would probably only use a 50-100 shot

Piper you can just come down and set it all up and if it screws up I will just get on here and bitch about it booyang

jccarter1 said:
I ain't scared to mash my motor :****: :flipoff1:

But really sounds like there is a few people that have had quite a bit of experience with nitrous on here the main reason that I am considering spray is one I want to ride around and purge the system before I hit something to get my YouTube exposer up :dblthumb: and secondly my high gear will be a touch under geared and concerned about not being able to use high gear on long climbs so how bad would it be to spray when the motor is under heavy load like that??? I think if I did it a window controller is a must also I would probably only use a 50-100 shot

Piper you can just come down and set it all up and if it screws up I will just get on here and bitch about it booyang

I gotcha bro-ski!

Re:

Use a fuel pressure safety switch, it's cheap and I had to build a motor because I didn't use one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm spraying a 150 dry shot on a pretty stock vortec 350. It's on a toggle switch and a wot switch. It does amazing but I switched to race gas and avoid the Rev limiter whenever possible. I have ran about 4 bottles through it and so far so good. I watch my bottle pressure like a hawk. If it gets low I just swap them to avoid **** ups. I also carry a t shirt at races and cover the bottle when it sits for long periods in the sun. I have sprayed it at over 1k psi but not much over

And it's a single nozzle in the air intake. Was the cheapest kit I could find but I would like to step up to a 250 wet shot on a controller. 150 ain't as much as you think. It just wraps up a little quicker. I started with a 75 and I thought it wasn't working cause I couldn't tell a differnece

Re: Re: Nitrous on lq4 motor

BUG-E J said:
And it's a single nozzle in the air intake. Was the cheapest kit I could find but I would like to step up to a 250 wet shot on a controller. 150 ain't as much as you think. It just wraps up a little quicker. I started with a 75 and I thought it wasn't working cause I couldn't tell a differnece
LOL......same scenario I went through on the Mustang.

Re: Re: Nitrous on lq4 motor

tonybolton said:
LOL......same scenario I went through on the Mustang.
Shits like crack. I little bit just ain't enough!

Re:

I had a guy help me hook up my first nitrous kit and I told him that I was just going to run a 50 shot.... he just laughed at me and said.....I'll call you in a couple weeks to tell you you're full of ****. ;)

Re:

On my first kit (on a 5.0) back in the day we just put 75 jets in it they lasted 1 spray lol, 150s felt a little better!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Latest posts