• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mountain Side Ownership.

CHASMAN9 said:
What is the possibility of if this becomes a multiple ownership property, putting it into the name of a Trust account? This way if something does happen, the property does not belong to anyone other than a Trust account and no one can get sued and everyone's property ownership is not taken.
And as for the $1000 ownership fee, will this be a one time fee or will there be a Capital Call later down the road? Just thinking of the latter terms down the road for a possibilty of ownership for myself as well as the othes. :dblthumb:

If I said for you ole buddy, all you would half to pay is $1,000 every other year, would you still be in?

Haha, no sir we are talking one time investment, with $50. yr owners dues. Still way to early though to tell which direction will work best for all of us. I am just gathering info at this point to see how to proceed.
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size]

I'd be in on paying a $1000 one time and $50 yearly fee when all the details are worked out. I'd have to be able to bring my wife and kids with me. I've never even ridden there, but from the videos I've seen the park looked awesome. :dblthumb:

showtime33 said:
I'd be in on paying a $1000 one time and $50 yearly fee when all the details are worked out. I'd have to be able to bring my wife and kids with me.
X2, I never get to wheel without one of my youngans.
I have rode your park prob 20 times and love it.

Yeah guys I know a lot of people that wheel with their wife and kids. My wife has made it clear that she is not getting in my junk to go climb any rock. [size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size]

rock yuppie said:
Yeah guys I know a lot of people that wheel with their wife and kids. My wife has made it clear that she is not getting in my junk to go climb any rock. [size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size]

I just always wanna carry a buddy to ride along with me, so if it comes down to having to work on my truck on the trail, my crippled ass ain't gotta do it :flipoff1:

TacomaJD said:
I just always wanna carry a buddy to ride along with me, so if it comes down to having to work on my truck on the trail, my crippled ass ain't gotta do it :flipoff1:
or to stand gaurd while ur drainin the main vain :****: :flipoff1:

scottlang said:
or to stand gaurd while ur drainin the main vain :****: :flipoff1:

No fukkin ****! One legged man can't even take a peaceful piss in the woods without gettin fawked with...don't worry Scotty, I WILL get you back somehow :flipoff1:

Nah for real tho, that **** was funny.........after I dried my arm off. :drinkers:

Neal3000 said:
i think your on the right track with this. Best i can tell from reading this, In Alabama if people are using non-commerical land for recreational purposes then they don't really have any rights to sue the landowners if they are injured etc.

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/resources/repository/Alabama_Recreational_Use_Statute.htm

In Rock climbing there are a lot of the same issues as we have in offroading- finding legal places to enjoy our dangerous sports at. They formed up a group called the Southeast Climbing Coalition who's primary purpose is to buy peices of property where climbing has been banned, and then through donations and fundraisers pays it off and then make it open to the public. I know in the past 5 years or so they have bought and paid for at least 3 properties in Georgia (Boatrock) and Alabama (Steele and Jamestown) and now they are open free to the public.

What really needs to be done is for us to form a similar organization and start doing the same thing or we are going to run out of places to play at. I firmly believe that the 4x4 community could raise 200k in tax deductible donations and fundraisers in NO time.

The thing with this is you can not charge a fee. You can accept donations. As soon as you charge a fee though it is commercial property.

You may have already talked to your local or state Representative, but if not that might be a way to get some kind of Legal advice free or help on a state level, if you could get them involved. A lot of Reps. are looking for ways to help with community relations or projects to put there face behind. If you have enough backing/intrest from the public/offroad community, (I think you do) they should want to get involved.

IDK just throwing it out there

Bronco Buster said:
The thing with this is you can not charge a fee. You can accept donations. As soon as you charge a fee though it is commercial property.

uh yeah, thats how that plan would work man......once the land was purchased by the trust fund it would be free and open to anyone to ride and camp anytime they wanted to, but donations would def be needed

Bob you know that I'm definitely in. I spent to many days with a chainsaw in my hand on the side of that mountain to let it just close down.

I have never been to the park. I would be interested. I hate to see another park closed. My last trip to telico my son mised out. :flipgotcha: the next planed trip the huggers shut it down. He never got to enjoy what I did for many years. Lifetime membership I'm in. Information on guest. Would membership be transferable to family?

thats a good question there, my son rides with me alot and has his own rig when we get it back together.
Information on guest. Would membership be transferable to family?

Definitely need to figure out the guest part of this, it's never a good idea to wheel alone not mention that some people will be riding during the week when alot on the members would be at work.

After reading all of this it deff makes you think but I love this place and my family loves this place
I want to be a part of it what ever way it goes my son would die if he could not go I feel like members immediate family should be included in owner ship
I know the house I pay for is as much my wife's and kids as it is mine

Count me in, if the details get worked out. I'm real glad to see that someone is thinking outside the box to try to keep the park open. It really sucks that you have to be worried about someone suing you personally these days. Sometimes it's not the injured person, but their insurance company, that is looking for a way to recoup some of their costs after a medical claim. Maybe if a solid solution is worked out, then it could be used as a model for other places including those that are already shut down. Keep up the good work.