• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mountain Side Ownership.

muddinmetal said:
Are you being sarcastic? Trying to low ball? Cause actually it's not realistic... If any thing, It is now worth more, because land continues to climb in value and will never stop doing so...
We could argue it all day, but he should do just fine recovering his land costs. Now if he wants to cover all equipment and land hours ever put into the park, that, may be a different story

I think what neal is trying to say it that "what you got in it" isn't always what "fair market value" is. Especially in todays market. This land is like gold to us rock crawlers, but for a developer... rock and slopes are a nightmare. Of course no one expects Bob to just donate the land away. The fact that he is making an effort to keep this land OHV use is admirable.

Do Work 93YJ said:
Hope you get it worked out Bob like everyone else I really hope I can wheel Mountainside again someday. :dblthumb:

Maybe if it opens back up they'll let you mid-gay offroaders back in there to play with us Bama boys HAHAHA! :drinkers:

muddinmetal said:
Are you being sarcastic? Trying to low ball? Cause actually it's not realistic... If any thing, It is now worth more, because land continues to climb in value and will never stop doing so...
We could argue it all day, but he should do just fine recovering his land costs. Now if he wants to cover all equipment and land hours ever put into the park, that, may be a different story

Absolutely not......i don't know what planet you live on but in 99% of the u.s. markets land and properties are worth approx. about half what they were 5 years ago

Furthermore how do you think that land would appraise compared to the surrounding area? To anyone but an offroader that land is trashed

just do like grey rock and find something valuable in the ground and sell it.. mkae the money from that and make the park free

TacomaJD said:
Maybe if it opens back up they'll let you mid-gay offroaders back in there to play with us Bama boys HAHAHA! :drinkers:
**** you know they'll let us back in. Between our shine and late night shenanigans us Ga Boyz are the party. :drinkers: :spin:

Neal3000 said:
Absolutely not......i don't know what planet you live on but in 99% of the u.s. markets land and properties are worth approx. about half what they were 5 years ago

Furthermore how do you think that land would appraise compared to the surrounding area? To anyone but an offroader that land is trashed

I understand where you are coming from Neal, but keep in mind that paid for land does not have to sell. I could elect to hold onto it and simply pay the taxes until the economy and land values come back. The regrowth by then would be more than head high, cut in small 650 SQ FT cabins with solar power panels and small gravel roads with a few views and sell it then as a getaway resort for all of those apartment dwellers looking to spend the weekend in the woods looking at birds. So with that said, I would love to see it as an off road park, but if it does not work out that way, don't bank on me be desperate to sell.

That would be the smart move no doubt, eventually real estate values will come back.......and i will def respect whatever decision you make about Your property and also want you to know that i appreciate the hell outta you starting the place, the time and money you've put into it and for keeping it open as long as you did

That being said, couldn't you use a 200k tax writeoff? I believe you can apply it retroactively for several years back

Neal3000 said:
That would be the smart move no doubt, eventually real estate values will come back.......and i will def respect whatever decision you make about Your property and also want you to know that i appreciate the hell outta you starting the place, the time and money you've put into it and for keeping it open as long as you did

That being said, couldn't you use a 200k tax writeoff? I believe you can apply it retroactively for several years back

X100 what Neal said Bob!!!! How about at least a 100K tax write-off and some sort of non profit raise the other 100K....Just thinking out loud if it's opened up to the public......

Do Work 93YJ said:
**** you know they'll let us back in. Between our shine and late night shenanigans us Ga Boyz are the party. :drinkers: :spin:

Hell yea, good times :drinkers: ... when I'm around that shine I like to sip, sip, knock over. Kinda like puff, puff, pass....but directed more toward being a party foul. :****:

BMan said:
X100 what Neal said Bob!!!! How about at least a 100K tax write-off and some sort of non profit raise the other 100K....Just thinking out loud if it's opened up to the public......

Not that old yet pal. thumb.gif

rock yuppie said:
Not that old yet pal. thumb.gif

Ha! You are sorta old though..not as old as dirt............well at least a little older than me! :****:

BMan said:
Ha! You are sorta old though..not as old as dirt............well at least a little older than me! :****:

:flipgotcha: My bones remind me everyday, but thanks for helping me keep track of it all. :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: molaugh

rock yuppie said:
:flipgotcha: My bones remind me everyday, but thanks for helping me keep track of it all. :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: molaugh

Bones huh...... and here I thought it was all that junk between the bones, muscles, tendons and crap that attaches everything together not working right anymore that makes me feel old! O your talking about that other bone, well damn dude they make blue pills for that **** man! :****: Back to ya bro! :flipper: laughing1

there are alot of ways around the issues i believe- become a llc-corparation in nevada,etc etc.,have full fledged owners-ie llcs,they buy in for a grand and have unlimited access to the park with a certain number of passes for visitors-all visitors assume a full risk responsability as a member of the llc. have silent partners ie: 4 visits a year with 4 passes for visitors each assuming full risk for $100 a year, just thoughts and how are there so many dirt,drag,moto,etc. tracks in al. operating with the same risks and keeping the doors open?raise the gate prices to help cover some of the costs (im sure it will never equal what you put in) but you can write off the difference, id be in for a $100 membership as im sure alot of people i know would=sell options,x number of rides = voice in company,etc. :fish:

Neal3000 said:

land here DAMN sure ain't cheaper than it was 5 tears ago! the price of land around me has NEVER gone down.

BMan said:
Bones huh...... and here I thought it was all that junk between the bones, muscles, tendons and crap that attaches everything together not working right anymore that makes me feel old! O your talking about that other bone, well damn dude they make blue pills for that **** man! :****: Back to ya bro! :flipper: laughing1

Bman = bad dope experiment.

Latest posts