• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mt Rainier

briejer

I already have made 2 solo assents up the DC this year. My last trip was non stop. I left Paradise at 5pm and reached the summit at 4am(11hours), watched the sunrise, had coffee and oatmeal then down in 5 hours.

Tomorrow I will leave Paradise at 6pm and try to summit in under 9 hours. My weight is under 210, and I will have 12-15 pounds in my pack. Conditions are prime.

Wish me luck

a few picks from last trip

Last edited:
Going to be a beautiful day for a climb...good luck on achieving your goal, take more pics :awesomework:

LOL. .I was up there yesterday. I didn't go for the summit, one of these days I would like to, I think I can do it. I just need to buy all the gear. :booo:

p1050970fn6.jpg

Last edited:
So Robin how did it go?

Some day I would like to go up with you that would be cool to do! :awesomework:

I made it, but it did not go as planned. I agreed to bring my nephew and his friend up and leave them at Muir while I summit. We left Paradise at 6:30pm. It was basically babysitting the whole way, I get them in their tent at 11:00pm then leave for the summit. I summit at 6:00am. Conditions we not nearly as good as the previous climbs. Earlier there was snow from Paradise all the way up, and the cleaver was still snowed in. I can make good time in snow, but bare rock trail and loose volcanic **** rock for most of the Cleaver beat me up. At 13,000 I was toast, it was 3 breaths to one step, but I perservered and made it. The descent killed me, once again I'm great in snow, but it was so melted out that every step on a bare rock slowed me down. I reached the car at 2:30pm.

So.....12.5 hours to summit(and babysit) then 8.5 hours down.

Rainier and I are done this year, I need snow!

I should have tossed the Marmot in their tent:awesomework:

Last edited:
Can you see the route in the first picture?

Second one is just a random shot on the upper mountian.

Last edited: