• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MTN Bike

What is it doing? There should be two philips screws you adjust. If it is too much for you, a bike shop can do it in 5 minutes.

What is it doing? There should be two philips screws you adjust. If it is too much for you, a bike shop can do it in 5 minutes.
Won't shift down from 3 to 2. Ends up only pushing the chain to inbetween 3 and 2. If I set it to 2 and put it on the gear rubs badly on the low side(leftas you look down from the seat and won't push it over to 1.

Loosen the cable with the adjuster on the shifter itself.....start with that. The screws limit the inner and outer travel range of the derailer....every thing inbetween is cable tension

Loosen the cable with the adjuster on the shifter itself.....start with that. The screws limit the inner and outer travel range of the derailer....every thing inbetween is cable tension

I'll see what i can do. I know the screw on the shifter is tuned half to 3/4 of the way out already.

How old is the bike? The cable might be stretched... I usually avoid ****ing around with the cable and adjust the screws, but I don't know if that will solve the problem.

How old is the bike? The cable might be stretched... I usually avoid ****ing around with the cable and adjust the screws, but I don't know if that will solve the problem.

got the bike this past October new. ridden a couple times around town, and finally took it out this past weekend for a decent ride at St Edwards. No problems till part way threw the day riding. tried messing with screws and barrel adjustment on trail to no luck. Now not sure what i need to do to get it dialed back in.