• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mufflers

WACO

So I have a '74 Dodge 1/2 ton w/ a 318 that I am getting roadworthy, and one of the things I need to replace is the exhaust. I have always been a fan of the cherry bomb or 40 series flowmaster loud v8, but I think with this project I am looking to go a little quieter, maybe not much louder than stock, at least when idling. The truck will be mostly a work truck and daily drive if I want to. I am hoping the original engine will last a couple more years then I will build it up and give it the pipes it deserves, but for now cheap is the name of the game. Anyone know of a muffler I should get for this?

I am looking at jc whitney "turbo" mufflers or the "heartthrobs".

Thanks.

unless you are using the original pipe and making a temp type exhaust, spend the extra money on good mufflers. if you want quiet at Idle, get the flowmaster with the delta-flow baffle in it. much quieter in the vehicle.

Thanks a lot for the replies. I ended up getting some cheap 25 dollar Heartthrob turbo mufflers. I figure if they turn out to be crap then it will be a 50 dollar lesson, then spend the ~80 each for some good ol flowmasters. Anything should sound better than the single rusted out pipe that is on there now!