• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Multimount Winch setup?

TrikeKid

What's your guys' opinion on them? I'm thinking a Big Rocks Offroad front bumper for my truck, and they have one with the multimount setup where the winch just mounts to a plate that hooks into a reciever in the bumper. My truck is going to see mostly DD duty, so I figure not having something worth stealing bolted to the front of it all the time is a great idea.

I have one of those but never used it. I worry that it would fail horribly on a heavy pull.

I just can't imagine trusting one. I'm sure they work alright for what they are, but just seems like it be way more likely to fail in a hard pull on an angle... I have no actuall experience with them though.

I just can't imagine trusting one. I'm sure they work alright for what they are, but just seems like it be way more likely to fail in a hard pull on an angle... I have no actuall experience with them though.

I can see more likely to fail on a hard pull especially at crazy angles, but, my truck is a DD on 33" tires. I'm only going to be running an 8000 pound winch with what I'd consider a fairly light truck. Besides, if I can build it, I can over-build it.

I have been using mine with a 10,000lb for 3 years now without issue. Picked the truck up off the ground with it once to prove a point. (my welding skills) and it didn't even bend the pin.
Bottom line: It's trustworthy.

I got one with my 8274. The winch is used on my Toyota and my F250 ford. Pulled a few 42' green logs at angles with no problem. The receiver on the ford is a regular bolt on frame 10,000 and on the Toyota its one of them little bolt on bumper type that I welded to .25 rectangle tube. No issues yet. :awesomework: