• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Smittybilt winch

I don't have one but I'm a firm believer in them! We used one last summer in a 7hr recovery in Colorado. It suprised the **** out of me, had a lot of long pulls on it.

Re:

Got a 10,000 one, has worked great. I actually broke the end off of it out riding one day. Ordered new parts and still kicking

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I had an older 8k that had solenoid issues. Gave it to a friend and it finally fried itself.
I currently have a newer 10k comp on or whatever and it works amazing. Besides the wireless controller crapping out. I've got it hard wired now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 8k several years ago and it was great, had a defective controller when I first received it and they corrected that very fast. Currently have a 9500 that I like even better. Its not as noisy pulls faster and the controller has a built in magnet for attaching to the cage or a body panel if needed.

scrambled said:
The days of Warn being the only choice are long gone.
I wouldnt waste my money on one. Ive had a smittybuilt and a warn. Warns the only one i had problems with

Had a few smittybilt winches all were great. Got one on the trailer now. No issues.
Always had 8274 warns before that and had silenoid trouble a lot.

I bought a new 8k smittybilt winch about 12 years ago and it's worked perfectly the whole time. I also picked up used 8k smittybilt winch about 2 years ago and mounted it on my trailer and it been great too.

I bought a Smittybilt 9500 form 4wheel parts and purchased the 5 year warranty with it. Salesman told me if I break in two on a rock to just bring in the pieces and paperwork.
That being said it has been flawless when needed. Lines speed is not an issue either fast enough for me.

When they first came out they sucked. But they have improved. Never own one. but I have a few friends that have them. I have owned/ own Ramsey and Warn. The ramsey was SLOW and seem to burn up solenoids. The warns I have not really had any problems with. But most were the old style 8274. Our buggy and a JKU has a warn. No problems so far.

Another good cheap alternative is milemarker. I had one that sounded like it was going to explode every time I used it but it kept on pulling and never gave me problems.