• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Murfreesboro TN, DUI Checkpoint Video

Re: Re: Murfreesboro TN, DUI Checkpoint Video

I watched it.. both were in the wrong IMO the kid was making the cops job harder and the cop thought that hes king of the highway.

I have quite a few buddies that are police officers. One thing they are all taught as well as military personnel is to keep their bearing.

Here is an example that wasn't written by Confucius but he gets the credit of course. Don't use a cannon to kill a fly. Use the appropriate response for the situation.

The kid was annoying. The officer should have calmly informed the kid of what they were looking for and that he would appreciate it if he would roll the window down. Kid probably would have complied. If not, officer should let him go. There was no slurred speech or any smells of intoxicating substances.

Instead, the officer took the wrong approach. For whatever reason, he flexed his nuts. Kid CAUGHT him doing it and what the officer did was illegal. The officer admitted it was illegal and that is the end of the story. Officer should be on leave with pay and an investigation should ensue.

Just like any job.....people make mistakes, some are not cut out for it and some just come along at the right job at the wrong time. Maturity plays a key role in how well you do your job. That officer had not matured very much over the course of time he had worked there and it caused him to make a poor choice he should pay for.

Bumpers said:
I watched it.. both were in the wrong IMO the kid was making the cops job harder and the cop thought that hes king of the highway.

If exercising your legal rights makes the cops' job harder then they just need to learn to deal with it. Maybe it was raining, maybe it was cold, maybe his child lock was malfunctioning. Who gives a ****? He could hear the cop and the cop could hear him. The windows were not tinted. What's the problem again? Oh that's right, he didn't OBEY ::)

I think all these videos of someone intentionally causing a scene flexing their constitution rights-knowledge-muscles are f'n retarded. Road blocks have been going on forever, big deal. I don't feel my rights are violated by them trying to catch some drunks on the road. Now if they pull me from the vehicle and search it without
my consent, yeah..thats a different story. I've been through quite a few and have had ZERO issues. I show them my driver's license and proof of insurance if they want and roll right on through. My most recent one was north of new Orleans during mard gras, the cop didn't ask for id or insurance or anything. Just asked if
I had been drinking, I responded with something along the lines of "not yet"... he laughed and flashed a light at my center console area(assuming my cupholders), I barely had stopped moving and they sent me down the road. No one is gaining anything from trying to be a hardass knowledge master of the law when dealing with the cops and I guess that's my 2cents.

redneckengineered said:
If exercising your legal rights makes the cops' job harder then they just need to learn to deal with it. Maybe it was raining, maybe it was cold, maybe his child lock was malfunctioning. Who gives a ****? He could hear the cop and the cop could hear him. The windows were not tinted. What's the problem again? Oh that's right, he didn't OBEY ::)

It was 4th of july weekend=not cold. You can clearly see it wasn't raining. If his child lock was malfunctioning all he had to do was say my window wont roll down and hand the cop his license and be on his way. Im not saying the cop was right in what he did or the kid doesn't know his rights. But we all know when you pull up to a checkpoint most of the time you hand your licensee over they look at it and your on your way with nothing further.

Re: Re: Re: Murfreesboro TN, DUI Checkpoint Video

liv2mx said:
Cops lie....

Yea, like the age old **** of your tag light is out, or too dim. That's why I stopped you. When really they were just ****ing bored at midnight when you are on the way home after work...but being out at that hour during the weeknights, you surely must be causing trouble, right?

Here's one that happened to me a couple months ago. I'm at home on a week night after work, it's about 1am and I realize I'm out of dip. I hop in the saturn (2002 saturn l200 4 cyl.) And make the 5 minute drive to the 24/7 gas station in town. Gas station is on the corner of the main redlight in a small 2 red light town. I go in, get my dip, get back in the car and get ready to exit the parking lot. 1am, there is little to no traffic out. When I'm about to pull out on the road, I notice a city cop pulling out from between two buildings nearby that had recently had a break in, so they've been checking alleys a lot more recently. Anyway, I pull out across all 4 lanes, turn, and start to head home, he immediately speeds up and catches up with me about a mile down the road and follows me almost all the way home riding my ass. I was mad as **** bc I hadn't done the first damn thing wrong and just the whole "tailgating me so hard, I cant even see your headlights" **** was completely uncalled for. I turned on my road and he turned the other way.

I get home and get a phone call as I'm walking in. It's one of my city cop friends from the neighboring small city of Sylvania, which is actually technically where I live. He says what the **** you doin out causing trouble at this hour? (laughingly). I said not a GD thing, just goin to get some dip and gettin profiled by one of the ****sticks in Rainsville for being out late I guess. He said he heard them run my **** on the scanner so he called the officer that was tailgating me and told him not to **** with me, which is prolly why he didn't pull me over just to check me out. He said "I pulled out from the parking lot too fast" ....**** that ****, there's no traffic to beat, and I saw him before I ever left the parking lot, not to mention I'm in a GD Saturn, not a fawkin hotrod Camaro. This is why cops suck and it doesn't pay to be the nice guy anymore. Nice guys get ran over and trampled by authority. Cops can and do manipulate the system to get their rocks off, I don't care what any of you cop defenders say. **** em, exercise your rights....because they are just that...YOUR RIGHTS.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

TacomaJD said:
......... This is why cops suck and it doesn't pay to be the nice guy anymore. Nice guys get ran over and trampled by authority. Cops can and do manipulate the system to get their rocks off, I don't care what any of you cop defenders say. **** em, exercise your rights....because they are just that...YOUR RIGHTS.

u got dat right

I've only ever NEEDED a cop twice in my life.

1. I was about 12 years old out riding bikes with my brother and a buddy in the back of our neighborhood near the woods when two drunk 20-somethings start chasing us down in their car around 3 in the afternoon. They are literally trying to kill us. We have to bail into the woods or ditches several times to avoid getting hit. Finally they get tired of us, have us trapped in a ditch, get out, and start chucking their empty beer bottles at our heads as hard as they can. I was the fastest on a bike so I tell my brother and buddy to go hide in the woods while I race back home and get Mom and Dad. (This was before cell phones.) While I'm biking back they reappear behind me, try to run me down some more, causing me to bail into ditches and forest a couple more times. When I get home I am crying, hysterical, completely out of breath from biking harder than I ever had or did again. Dad goes and gets my brother and friend in his truck while mom calls the police. When they arrive at the house they listen to me and immediately start calling me a liar, right in front of my parents. My parents get pissed, start screaming and hollering at the cops, they keep insisting that I must have made the story all up for attention. Then they are interrupted by a radio call saying that the car had hit a power pole a few blocks away while speeding after some other kids. The cops run out of the house, never showed back up. Later we found out that the driver was the police chief's son, is a useless college drunk dropout, and has done this before. It all makes sense now.

2. This was just a few years ago. My wife was at work and a few of her fellow employees had noticed a black dodge ram pull out of the parking lot behind her a couple times after work. So one day one of them saw it happen again and called her to let her know. She keeps an eye on him as he follows her at every turn into our neighborhood. So she freaks out and calls me. I tell her not to lead him to the house, to turn around, and come to my work. She does and once she gets to work he realizes what is going on so he leaves. This happens a few more times and every time she is driving and scared, so I call the cops for her from work the first time. She was just my fiance at the time, so they tell me they'll have to hear from her to do anything, can't do anything for me since we're not legally married yet. So the next couple times she calls them directly and they are always either too busy or can't legally do anything to help her. So finally one day while I am at work she goes outside to get the mail and guess who is standing outside his truck with sun glasses on with a shot gun in his hands by the mailbox????? She immediately slams the door and locks it, calls the police. He gets back in the truck, spins out, and leaves. Police say if he wasn't on our property there's nothing they can do, promise to patrol the neighborhood. (Never saw a single squad car.) So later that day she leaves in her car and notices him pull out behind her on hwy 98. She speeds up a little to make sure it was him and he speeds up too. She notices that behind him there is a cop following so she calls 911 from her cell and tells them the guy with a gun is following her and behind him there is a squad car, please pull him over! The operator says that she has the policeman on the radio, not to worry, the situation will be handled. They hang up and the squad car turns its lights on, pulls up around the truck, behind her, and PULLS HER OVER!!!!!! As he gives her a warning ticket for speeding the black truck passes by safely as she is crying, trying to explain to the officer who wasn't giving a **** that she was being followed by a man with a gun. He ended up following her one more time after that, she happened to be right near he police station, so she pulled into their parking lot and he passed her by. Haven't seen him since, but who the **** knows what will happen, he's still out there somewhere because the police don't give a ****.

I try not to let these experiences burn me too bad. I have friends who are cops and they are mostly good people. I've had friends who were cops in the past, some of them were only cops so that they could do illegal **** without going to prison though. You never know which you're going to get, which is why you should protect yourself no matter what.

ANYTHING YOU DO OR SAY WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW.

patooyee said:
were only cops so that they could do illegal **** without going to prison though.

Pretty much the only reason anyone is a cop around these parts. To be a drug dealer/protect their family that are drug dealers ::)

patooyee said:
I try not to let these experiences burn me too bad. I have friends who are cops and they are mostly good people. I've had friends who were cops in the past, some of them were only cops so that they could do illegal **** without going to prison though. You never know which you're going to get, which is why you should protect yourself no matter what.

ANYTHING YOU DO OR SAY WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW.

Same with me. The cops I am friends with are mostly good laid back guys, most of which are over 40 yrs old. And there are and will ALWAYS be the cocksuckers with the can't beat em join em attitude. I got a reckless driving ticket on my bike several years ago, then the same officer wrecked a racing quad on public highway drunk as ****, left his gf on the side of the road, flipped the quad back over and ran from a state trooper...obviously he lost his city cop job...and wasn't long before he got another city cop job in another city. That is so ****ed up beyond me. That mf'r should never be allowed to be an officer of the law ever again in my eyes. But our legal system is full of **** and politics who are also full of ****.

P.S. This thread gets my blood pressure up :****:

My opinion on this is likely very tainted because in my home state a checkpoint is illegal altogether. Texas interprets DUI checkpoints as unconstitutional along with a few other states.

http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/checkpoint_laws.html

crawlin85cj said:
My opinion on this is likely very tainted because in my home state a checkpoint is illegal altogether. Texas interprets DUI checkpoints as unconstitutional along with a few other states.

http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/checkpoint_laws.html

I love living in Alabama, but Texas is the fawkin state to live in when it comes to **** like this.

TacomaJD said:
This is why cops suck and it doesn't pay to be the nice guy anymore. Nice guys get ran over and trampled by authority. Cops can and do manipulate the system to get their rocks off, I don't care what any of you cop defenders say. **** em, exercise your rights....because they are just that...YOUR RIGHTS.

Because this needs said again and again and again.

Josh you really should consider Texas.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Murfreesboro TN, DUI Checkpoint Video

InDaShop said:
Because this needs said again and again and again.

Josh you really should consider Texas.

I've got a really good friend from the bike forum I used to be on that lives in Houston and he loves it. He grew up in Maine, got his mechanical engineering degree, and took an job in the oil field and moved to Houston. He's got a ballin' ass house, new D-max, new Hayabusa (bike), new Rzr, and loving life. I was talking to him about it a couple months ago and he said he grossed over 170k last year and has only been living there about 3 years. He swung down here in the 'bama on his move from Maine to Texas and met me and a few others that were local to where I lived and got free room and board for a night at a friend of mine's place.

Texas has the best human rights AND they have JOBS.

TacomaJD said:
Texas has the best human rights AND they have JOBS.

coincidence??? I think not!

And on Sept 1, we go to a single license plate state, so not running a front is no longer Probably Cause for a stop.

InDaShop said:
And on Sept 1, we go to a single license plate state, so not running a front is no longer Probably Cause for a stop.

Alabama is a single license plate state also. Cops will still find other reasons to pull someone over though. This is the reason I don't tint the windows in my vehicle anymore. The tint just gives them another excuse for pulling you over.

kmcminn said:
Alabama is a single license plate state also. Cops will still find other reasons to pull someone over though. This is the reason I don't tint the windows in my vehicle anymore. The tint just gives them another excuse for pulling you over.

I came from Kansas which was one plate as well. My point is Texas is going the opposite direction of most states and the Feds, by relaxing regulations not making things harder.