• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My 1.9 comp car

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
I figured it was time(and past due) to get this little rig built.

Thanks to Jack(jeepless) as this is all his fault :D

swa-mini-1.jpg

Starter pile of parts (thanks to Jack). Front pinion/shock outboard parts

swa-mini-2.jpg

And more parts I had sitting around--And thanks to TEDBULL for the loaner motor.

swa-mini-3.jpg

And where I got the first night. I got the front tore down and the over-drive mod done. Damn these things are tiny :D

swa-mini-4.jpg

I was waiting for my new wheels and Lipos and a bunch of stuff from towerhobbies.

So I started on the hard part--steering. Well I came up with a servo mount that I hope works--or it should anyways.

swa-mini-10.jpg

So I had an idea for the front upper link mounts but I am not going to have enough time to build it (plus I need to get a 2mm tap) so I just modified the stock one. Just cut it and then shaved it down---it "should" work...

swa-mini-11.jpg

It all mounts up nicely..

swa-mini-12.jpg

I think this will work..

swa-mini-13.jpg

So I got the shocks flipped, put 2 hole valves in them with 30w oil and restricted them by 2.31mm. I also outboarded the uppers at the chassis.

So its getting close...

swa-mini-14.jpg

So the car was thrown together pretty quick to get it ready for its first comp. So now it was now time to make it a little better. Since the weather went shitty today I dug into the rig.

The biggest thing I was after was more caster but I needed to shorten the upper front links. Well I figured out a nice method to do so. I also switching to 3mm rod ends at the housing side.

swa-mini-22.jpg

I also finished up the sevro mount so I can toss the plastic link mount that was sandwiched between the mount and housing.

swa-mini-23.jpg

I also ripped all the electronics out of it because I was not happy with my prior quick job.

But I moved the battery to the rear links

swa-mini-26.jpg

The esc to the front. I measured the battery/esc and I only swapped like 13 grams from the front to the rear but it will make battery swapping MUCH easier and it should still perform nicely

swa-mini-27.jpg

I ground the nub on the reciever case down and got it positioned in a better spot

swa-mini-28.jpg

So I got it all back together and I gotta build a linger draglink so I will do that in the am and maybe take it out and see how it does.

swa-mini-29.jpg

So I wanted a "tad" more width in the front. So I dug thru my stuff and found some old tlt wideners that looked like they would work. As you can see they are just a "tad" wider than the stock plastic Losi hex's

swa-mini-32.jpg

Nice thing about these are they are centered with the barrel bolt thru the center..

swa-mini-33.jpg

And they fit like a dream

swa-mini-34.jpg

And worked just perfect I think

swa-mini-35.jpg

I also talked with brian and decided to go a tad heavier in the front via rope wieght. I got a chance to try it out with Ted on saturday and I am very pleased. I just gotta soften the suspension a tad and I think it will be perfect.

So thanks to Tedbull--he grabbed my new motor when he was up at eddies.

swa-mini-36.jpg

66 spur gear and pinions.

swa-mini-37.jpg

And some springs.

swa-mini-38.jpg

So I swapped out the stock springs for some silvers...

Stock spur and new 66 tooth spur.

swa-mini-39.jpg

So my first attempt I kinda screwed up. I started by drilling the spur to match the hole in the stock spur. Well the bit grabbed and wasn't centered. No biggy I was able to get the spur centered and then melted the output side to the spur. So I ran it and I had a problem with contact with the front MIP driveshaft bell. And of course the spur wasn't perfectly centered as the backlash changed as it rotated.

swa-mini-40.jpg

So I took a step back and re-evaluated it and it hit me.

So I took the input side of the spur mount and shaved it to the flat surface. Cut a 1/8" thick piece of alum as a spacer and drilled it to match the shaft size of the input. With this I did not have to modify the spur gear at all. I had to slightly notch the side plate and got the backlash nice and constant and now no more funny gear noise. This also gave the perfect amount of clearance to the MIP shaft.

swa-mini-41.jpg

swa-mini-42.jpg

I am happy with the spring rates now and I played with the expo on the radio and got the throttle dialed in WAY better than it was.