• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Bus,,, My Bus,,, My Bus...

I like the idea of double dinettes on Jespersen's bus.

I also like the kids to have bunks that do not require breaking down a sofa or dinette, makes putting my little ones to bed a lot easier. Plus your not losing your seating area when the kids pass out.

Sounds like you and I both have the need to accomodate more than just our own kids. Mine can't go anywhere with out bringing a friend or cousin.

So, we got the side door closed up and skinned the windows on the passenger side... Getting closer... Still have some rivets on the inside to deal with, I'll get to them later... Right now I'm pushing to get the outside buttoned up and paint it this week...

0911101437.jpg

0911101803.jpg

0911101803a.jpg

Got home and sat down in the recliner and fell asleep...

Only sleep for about an hour, then went out to start putting in the windows...

0912101842.jpg

0912101245.jpg

0912101830.jpg

Still have some rivets to put in on the outside, but I wanted to get the windows in before finishing it all up...

I saw a cool conversion like yours this weekend at sandlake, the whole back end folded down on hydralics and they drove 4 quads in. they had a projection tv mounted to the ceiling and a roll down screen in the front to watch movies. It was kinda cool.
I ment to take pics for ya but forgot.

:beer:

I saw a cool conversion like yours this weekend at sandlake, the whole back end folded down on hydralics and they drove 4 quads in. they had a projection tv mounted to the ceiling and a roll down screen in the front to watch movies. It was kinda cool.

Was it a quad rental company? It's been years since I've been to Sand Lake but there was a guy who had a skoolie conversion that had the back end fold down like you described. He pulled a enclosed trailer behind it as well. And he rented quads out of the parking lot.

Anyways, looks like its coming along nicely.

I've seen a couple with backs that drop down like that on the web... Pretty cool if it suits your needs...

I have 2 of these in my back yard just rotting really . Probably need to get them listed in a few places .

Little update...

Got the sheet metal work finished along with sealing the seams... Removed the rest of the glue from the stickers and knocked off most of the rust/flaked paint crap...

Still have a few spots to prep and then I'll start priming... Not really putting to much work into the body, just trying to get it prepped well enough for the paint... If you look down the side of any school bus you'll notice that all the panels are wavy... So it's kinda pointless to try and make it perfect...

Hopefully it'll be painted and ready to put the awnings on next week...

Doesn't look like we've been doing a whole lot, because of how time consuming the little stuff is...:booo: Should start looking like the progress is moving much quicker after paint...:cheer:

You don't realize just how big a bus is until you start sanding one...:redneck:

1002101457.jpg

1002101542.jpg

so u gonna bolt some couches and a recliner down then put a hot tube in the back with a stripper pole ,boombox/strobe light:haha:can't wait to see it finished:beer:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-y-nkkfFiU[/YT]

BIG BIRD

Last edited:
After paint and awnings are done, I'll get the **** done so I can tow with it...:awesomework:

I can work on the inside through out the winter...:redneck:

It's looking real good dirtygoat . I like the way did the windows came out nice from what I can see .
I'll put a photo up of the two I've got .

Latest posts