• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MY DODGE 5.9 VS. 6.7 please?

What are you talkin about. you were the first buddy I showed it to. We had to rush to make it to billy bobs by 4. That is a sweet shop now btw, alot nicer than the last one.

Dave Smith Dodge in Kellog Idaho is not mod friendly 6.7 suck bad fuel milage,25hp,25fttq is ****,all put my 5.9 up against any 6.7,and i'll put in my own exhaust break. 05 ram 5.9 Smarty programmer,5in exhaust turbo back,AFE stage 2 intake,Afe Blade Runner intake manifold and 90hp,DDP injectors, if you do this to 6.7 you will have serious problems,not to mention alot of them have had head problems. If you like stock it will probly be fine. But who is happy with that!!

Dave Smith Dodge in Kellog Idaho is not mod friendly 6.7 suck bad fuel milage,25hp,25fttq is ****,all put my 5.9 up against any 6.7,and i'll put in my own exhaust break. 05 ram 5.9 Smarty programmer,5in exhaust turbo back,AFE stage 2 intake,Afe Blade Runner intake manifold and 90hp,DDP injectors, if you do this to 6.7 you will have serious problems,not to mention alot of them have had head problems. If you like stock it will probly be fine. But who is happy with that!!

:rolleyes:

You talk about DDP injectors.. give Lenny a call and see what he's already done to the 6.7

I'm fairly sure wildman has most of that or equivalent on his 6.7L, except he's using an XRT instead of a smarty. Nothing on that list can't be done to an 6.7L fairly easily. :awesomework:

As for the head problems, I haven

well mine is an 08 and I already had to take it in to the dealer for the particulate filter and egr problem.:eeek: they had it for 3 days for that, then I got it back dumping fuel out of the fuel rail. they got it back the next morning and it took them 3 more days to get a new fuel rail in and installed.:rolleyes: I was a wee bit pissed. Now a week later the outside still reeks of raw diesel but at least it cant rust wth a coat of diesel from the engine back:awesomework::eeek:eek:ther than that, i do love the truck.

well mine is an 08 and I already had to take it in to the dealer for the particulate filter and egr problem.:eeek: they had it for 3 days for that, then I got it back dumping fuel out of the fuel rail. they got it back the next morning and it took them 3 more days to get a new fuel rail in and installed.:rolleyes: I was a wee bit pissed. Now a week later the outside still reeks of raw diesel but at least it cant rust wth a coat of diesel from the engine back:awesomework::eeek:eek:ther than that, i do love the truck.

How many miles do you have on it? I hope you get everything straightened out.

Also in the interest of full disclosure as soon as I posted that people don't seem to be having any head problems A thread started up on the Cummins forum titled "Smarty on #9 there went my head gasket" :mad:

How many miles do you have on it? I hope you get everything straightened out.

Also in the interest of full disclosure as soon as I posted that people don't seem to be having any head problems A thread started up on the Cummins forum titled "Smarty on #9 there went my head gasket" :mad:

I don't consider that a head problem.. enough timing and boost will can have their way with a gasket :redneck:.. Although you slap some ARP studs on the common rails and they hold cylinder pressure VERY well.. way better then 2nd gens. Although mines held 65 psi many times with almost 20* worth of timing and it's still in tact..

Its the drivepressure they are making along with the amount of timing that pops the head gasket, its not recommended to run smarty on higher levels without a different turbo/turbo's along with studs and o-rings. They built the Smarty so your truck can grow as you buy go fast parts and still have programming that works with parts other than stock.:beer:

And yes the XRT makes this thing scoot. My EGT's were low too when towing up the hills towards Yakima. Both the Smarty and the XRT have just been released with the XRT about a month before the Smarty. Personally I would never buy a Smarty after listening to Bob Wagner and Marco talking on the Cummins forum. They both have very piss power ways of communicating online.

Now H&S has been nothing but stand up and their customer service is top notch. I have been running the 120HP tune for a while and like I said am a Beta tester for the 175 tune. Both tunes rock but you can really tell that 175 tune is on the truck. I am more than happy I bought a 6.7 truck. Yes it is risky because I had to take all the emmission crap off but if I had to I could return my truck to stock in about 4 hours. Also I just found out that the Dodge dealer in Grandview is mod friendly. I hope I have no reason to go see the deealer.

And on a side note: H&S make this tuner for the Cab & Chassis trucks.

Does H&S need any more Beta testing done? Where can I buy H&S products? Do you have the phone # to H&S products so I can arrange payment on a H&S power adder for my 96? What does H&S make for my 96 Cummins? How Much power will H&S add on my truck? Does H&S sell transmissions and Billet converters that are Designed to work with H&S other products they sell? Where is H&S located?:signhijacked::redneck:

Does H&S need any more Beta testing done? Where can I buy H&S products? Do you have the phone # to H&S products so I can arrange payment on a H&S power adder for my 96? What does H&S make for my 96 Cummins? How Much power will H&S add on my truck? Does H&S sell transmissions and Billet converters that are Designed to work with H&S other products they sell? Where is H&S located?:signhijacked::redneck:

Don't think they are looking for anymore beta testers. Looking at their web site they don't have much for a 96.

http://www.hs-performance.com/default.aspx

The XRT is only one of two tuners out right now that allows you to remove the DPF & EGR on the 6.7 engine.