• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My family hauler/toy hauler

bronco1.5

My rigs just a plain old 95 burban k2500 with a big block. Only problem I've had so far is the lack of power. Any ideas on bumping the power up a bit on the cheap? Its a tbi motor too...:looser:

My rigs just a plain old 95 burban k2500 with a big block. Only problem I've had so far is the lack of power. Any ideas on bumping the power up a bit on the cheap? Its a tbi motor too...:looser:
Regear the rear end, I had the same rig and this is where the most noticable gain was.

more air and fuel in and out===more power...programmer,,bigger injectors..remove engine and install a cummins?:fawkdancesmiley:

95' tbi 454's were the worse of the bunch for power output. From what I have seen the best gains were an intake and exhaust. Even then they still don't compare to the early carb'd versions.

95' tbi 454's were the worse of the bunch for power output. From what I have seen the best gains were an intake and exhaust. Even then they still don't compare to the early carb'd versions.
Yup, I put intake, exhaust, and a cam very minimal gain if that. Gearing was the solution, but traveling at 75mph was not hapening anymore.

I wish I could do a cummins swap. That's a bit out of my reach at the moment though. I almost want to get rid of it and get an excursion with a 7.3l oil burner. May just be easier.