• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My favorite bad dream.

W.I.P.

I think this abortion explains itself. (not mine)

269210441_909646791_0.jpg

269210030_909645258_0.jpg

269209745_909644221_0.jpg

269209389_909642920_0.jpg

269209061_909641753_0.jpg

Its good to see stuff like this to know what NOT to do.
I never woulda thought leaf springs could double as control arms, I guess that means my YJ has a four link front and rear. :haha:

Its good to see stuff like this to know what NOT to do.

Where do you think people get the dumb ideas from?

The internet, just like this thread.

Here's a good example...the diagonally mounted shocks on the rear of yotas ya see all over. It shows how one bad idea, a camera and an internet connection, can make for worldwide booty fab :haha:

I love that the front coils are held in by the leaf spring bump stops. Oh and the two coils welded intertwined in the rear that are welded to leaf spring plates that are bolted to a super bobbed frame.

Here's a good example...the diagonally mounted shocks on the rear of yotas ya see all over. It shows how one bad idea, a camera and an internet connection, can make for worldwide booty fab :haha:

I don't just see this on Toyotas... My friends XJ has a similar setup from RE.
And also a few S-10's I see. Are triangulated rear shocks a bad idea?

And, my God, this truck is terrible.

After looking at this.... thing....

It really shows some people imaginations on how they feel they can build something to make it handle the trails better. It's good that people have imaginations, or the rigs that do make it on the trails would still look like stock rigs.

There's no way that'll ever get back on the road, without being on a trailer. The whiplash from those coils would just about tear that rig a part. I don't thin I would want to be within 50 yards of it if it ever made it on the trails.

It's really too bad that it's just about scrap now.

Also makes you wonder just how my beer was drunk at that build party....