• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Junk

No :fawkdancesmiley:

I will try to call ya later tommorow and explain it to ya :awesomework:

So I got the front diff checked out and thrown into the housing and working on getting it put together :awesomework:

You could explain it to Kev Mike,he would not understand.He owns a Zuk.:fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

So I am still putting along. Bill was out on monday to see the rig and drop some goodies off for it. So I threw in the new optima and got the arb/tank stuff all finished up. At that point I tested out the ARB compresor/ soloniods and all is good :awesomework:

boosted106.jpg

SO one of the arb's bill got was damaged so I tore it apart to give it crashfab inspection....

Ya---this isn't too happy...

boosted108.jpg

boosted109.jpg

The case halfs are damaged and pretty deep--Went so far as to hit the heads of the bolts that hold the case together...

boosted110.jpg

The missing bolts--I was able to remove with my fingers. Whats odd all of the ones that were loose were not the typical ring gear bolts I see for the 8" toyotas...

boosted111.jpg

Apon going over it with a fine tooth comb---I found the ring gear chewed up. For the most part its on the toe of the ring gear but in a number of parts it goes into the center of the gear--not something I would trust to hold up under hard abuse..

boosted112.jpg

Picture isn't the best but the same with the pinion and its in the center of the teeth.

boosted113.jpg

I also inspewcted the bearings and it has what I call gravel pits and more than likely due to the metal floating in the oil...

Lovely eh? I got them off another boardmember who was supposed to make it right. Oh well, better get a 4.88 gearset, install kit and triple drilled flange ready for Mike. :awesomework:

I vaguely remember these being on the board, but can't remember who was selling 'em....

Hey Bill, you big east coast looser!:D

Hows it going? I can hardly tell its the old red Yota with all you've had do to her. Installing my 4.88's today so I will at least be half way there to wheeling again. Keep in touch, we are going to have to get a trip in before you take that thing back with you to the east coast. Break in my long arm and 35's on the XJ.

Hey Bill, you big east coast looser!:D

Hows it going? I can hardly tell its the old red Yota with all you've had do to her. Installing my 4.88's today so I will at least be half way there to wheeling again. Keep in touch, we are going to have to get a trip in before you take that thing back with you to the east coast. Break in my long arm and 35's on the XJ.

Hey James you big wannabe wheeler!!! :; haha, jk. Glad to hear your rig is finally getting some gears. That thing is gonna be awesome when you finish it.

Ive decided to leave my rig home and fly back home once a month to wheel it. Im hoping it will be ready in a couple of weeks so I can make that trip to Naches with Tom and Stu. Talk to them and get some info for me.

Thanks, Bill

Trying to get the picture server fixed up

Ok I got the list sent off to chris at ARB including a couple extra parts for trail repair stuff Bill (same parts I carry in my rig)

Also---here is what we need for the rear besides the arb stuff

Ring/pinion
Master in stall kit
Solid spacer

For the flange I can just knock off the dust shield and it will still work.

sounds good crash is the clutch fans from an older 22r the same just curious also did that coil work for you and last still serching for an accelerater cable. thanks:awesomework:

ok well im going to pull apart today so i will be looking for the other parts you need and ill bring you what i have today if that is fine with you cause i need that housing really bad my buddy is hounding me for his back.

They are the same and odie is shipping an ignitier to me...

See if Odie can ship you the rest of the stuff (4.88 gears, install kit, solid spacer) and send me the bill.... :;

Frankie, go to napa and get a cable if you cant find one.

Damn I cant wait. Thanks guys for making it all come together :awesomework:

Last edited:

Latest posts