• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Junk

Boosted

Ive been instructed to quit web wheelin and start a build-up thread (isnt that considered web wheelin too?) so here it is....haha :cool:

Started life as a dual cased 82 with crap rancho springs and open front and spooled rear powered by a oil burning 22R when I bought it about a year ago.
Yota026.jpg

Was fun for about 1 trip, then it was time to tear into it. First change was to replace the front springs with a set of All Pro's. Helped a bit, but still wasnt enough so I decided to tear into it a bit more. Swapped out the front and rear springs with a set of 4" TG's, inboard the rears, Lock Rite up front with some BobbyLongs, add some sliders, fuel cell, TG cross member and some other crap I cant remember.
TG.jpg

TG2.jpg

TG5.jpg

Yota059.jpg

Worked a lot better, but I wanted more meat so I visited the local Discount Tire and got a set of these....
irok2.jpg

irok4.jpg

Which no longer cleared the fenders or firewall....lol Thank god for nibblers.
walker6.jpg

walker7.jpg

Damn I hate taking pics, posting them on photobucket, then posting on a website....lol. Well, not really but what a pain.

Currently my truck is all apart again. I was planning on running TG's 4 link kit in the rear and 3 link front kit which still is not available. I had the truck apart for 4 months because I was given some inside information that the front kit would be released before christmas. Well, it didnt and I had already sold my 4 month old springs for less than half of what I spent on them and my truck was sitting nekkid for 4 months. So what do I do? I order up all the same leaf spring crap I had from TG once again. LMAO, expensive lesson learned there.

Anyways, its slowly going back together. This time, detroit locker up front, and a fresh 22RE, fresh W56 and brand spankin new 4.7 geared, 23 splined dual case setup. I take some pics and post later.

Bill

Here's what it looks like today....
YotaMakeover001.jpg

New 22RE built by Patrick (trainwreckinseattle)
YotaMakeover002.jpg

Still need to modify crossmember mounting brackets thanks to the longer W56
YotaMakeover003.jpg

wow havent seen this truck in a long time! i remember when this was for sale a few years ago.

truck looks good now. when i saw it it was way too clean and shiny

haha, yeah its the fan I got from you. The intake I found on CL and picked up on my way home from the swapmeet on Sunday. Its off a turbo motor so it has a few extra ports that need to be plugged but no biggie. Guy I got it from machined down the top of the plenum, smoothened out the rest of it and then had it chrome plated. Not sure how well it will hold up but sure looks good.... :awesomework:

haha, you don't say:fawkdancesmiley:

thats cool defanitly the first chrome plated toy intake i have seen,i wonder if it will change colors:redneck:, need any 22re parts?

haha, you don't say:fawkdancesmiley:

thats cool defanitly the first chrome plated toy intake i have seen,i wonder if it will change colors:redneck:, need any 22re parts?

Nah, Im overflowin with 22RE's now. Got 2 brand new longblocks from Patrick a complete running '86 and a complete running '92 not to mention the complete EFI setup off a '90 that Im picking up from Mark today. Oh wait, I do need an AFM and computer for 89-92 if you got one. Let me know.

Thanks, Bill

So I was standing in the garage this morning wondering how a doved front with a FJ Cruiser grille and headlights would look on my junk.... I wonder if I got time to cut it up before I have to trailer it to Crash at the end of the month.... How much room you gonna need on the fenderwells Crash?

slim to non, you will need to remount your battery to the rear or in the cab, and other then that there is not much under the hood, i dov'd mine to the rad and i still have plenty of room to remount my p/s res and coil, i moved my AFM inside the cab:awesomework:

go for it,:cool:

i am going to switch over to an electric fan aswell because i had to tilt my rad back a bit and bring it closer to the engine

Got my sharpie out, taking some measurements and drawing out some lines. Im so close to pulling the trigger on my sawzall.... :D

I wish Crash would wake up and say something....need to make sure this isnt going to affect the work he is doing on it at the end of the month. :rolleyes:

I musta missed this thread bill. Man-----am I going to put finger prints all over that intake :redneck: