• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My new go-faster buggy

Back on this thing.

Did some sheet metal this afternoon...

5979087027_dabdb47b5e_z.jpg

5979087133_7dfe736ede_z.jpg

5979644908_637fdb5ec5.jpg

It'll get some stainless mesh in front of the radiator. Might cut out a bit more behind the seats but there's not much to be gained as it's right behind the head rest...

You could put in two smaller triangular cutouts right at the b-pillar with maybe some ductwork type vents behind them to pull in and aim some fresh air up towards the radiator :dunno:

If theres room for it back there :dunno:, if I knew how to draw on here I would draw out what I mean ;D

Baddass machine man :dblthumb:

Heres a pic of that space on Cam Steele's TT. They made it funnel shaped and aimed the outlets at the shock bodies.
Accomplishes two things, releases the trapped air from that area, and aids in shock cooling.

My new car is going to be setup this way.
IMG_0867.jpg

Yes ..that is exactly what I was thinking, and since you will have hot coolant in the hoops maybe have one tube aimed at the shocks and one at the radiator per side ,

but that is getting a little involved working in tight spaces.

Got on the ball this week and I see light at the end of the tunnel. This has been a LONG LONG build with alot of life getting in the way. A huge change from when I was in college and started this build. Working 60-70 hours a week with a full time girlfriend and working full time keeping the farm up with my dad has made this a tough project. I look very forward to driving this thing.

E4574C06-6851-4DE2-8D2A-CE3BB29C2F6E.jpg

AACE15BA-0EFC-4FA8-9BD0-E750488E436B.jpg

D9409E41-2F7C-4AFE-A815-C83174266DF8.jpg

8C5ABDE2-1120-4C8B-A3B2-DA3308EFD518.jpg

Finally got a chance to drive the thing. I have been ready to drive this buggy for a long time now and it feel like a great accomplishment to worked through alot of things in the past year to make it happen. With working close to 60 hours a week and dealing with keeping our family farm alive, I have not had alot of time to myself to get this done. Alot of hands have touched this buggy and what turned out as an idea and a few drunken nights as a college kid turned into something I think will be a great racer/trail rider.

First impressions are WOW. The cooling system is fantastic and it handles WAY better than my old buggy. The shocks will need tuning, but overall I am proud of how it handles.

Thanks to StretchASU for the helping for 5 hours in the heat and being my comic relief. He took these pictures as well.

Firstdrive4.jpg

Firstdrive3.jpg

Firstdrive6.jpg

Firstdrive5.jpg

Firstdrive.jpg

:dblthumb: Stretched her legs a little this weekend...even with shitty brakes. Managed to already destroy the passenger side skin being a dumb fawk...oh well. Was going to happen at some point i guess.

EC9B077A-3B53-4C93-B91A-7AAB53A68296.jpg

8427CB44-5985-4777-9C0F-CA58641458E8.jpg

Went out to M&M Fab's super secret testing grounds this afternoon. Thanks to PJ for having us out and letting play a little. Loving the buggy so far...minus the sway bar from Rock Equipment sway bar that snapped about 30 mins into the first ride...not extremely happy with that. Hopefully they will make it right.

index.php

index.php

Took the buggy out for a little shake down run. Worked great minus the shitty Rock Equipment sway bar that snapped about 30mins into riding. Not pleased at all with it. Hopefully they will make it right.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php