• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My new toy

pos97TJ

I have wanted a rhino for quite sometime and finally found a good deal on one. The first thing I had on my agenda was a winch and bumper/ front frame gusset but this thing will get a whole new cage, rear bumper and T6 aluminum skids. I might also get a little crazy and do my own longtravel suspension somewhere down the road aswell. Anyhow here we go...

Well I got some time today to work on my rhino and figured I would start with the front bumper. I needed a front frame gusset and had just got a new warn winch so here we go.....

Off with the old....

2nkmete.jpg

designed up some stuff and burned it out on the CNC table....

53lb9x.jpg

1tsn7r.jpg

start assembly

25rm9fa.jpg

5fgps3.jpg

9zx0li.jpg

Here is the winch sitting in its place, tommorow I will do some tube work

23wr5lh.jpg

So I got some more done but am at a stand still until my fairlead arrives...

Adding tube

28qyhh.jpg

w22e1d.jpg

2qi4iu0.jpg

11w7acz.jpg

Then some panels

5buuj6.jpg

2ewli8p.jpg

143gieh.jpg

I will be finishing the center part when I reciave the fairlead, the part under the winch will have a door and will store straps, snatchblock and what not. If all goes well and I like the way it turns out this will be a prototype and I will be building another all out of aluminum. Maybe I will work on the rear gusset/bumper while waiting for the fairlead to show up.

Last edited:
Thanks Phill:D I definetly always have to make stuff my own....you know how that goes.:redneck: I had a cool design for the upper part of the bumper but the way the hood folds forward it would allow it, so I made it some what basic and figured less is more. I didn't want to make it overly heavy.

Last edited:
Bumpers looking great! If thats a 660 make sure you clean clean clean the airfilter and keep the oil checked many of them seem to use a little oil. Alot of them are getting run to long and dusting the engines or running low on oil. I had my rhino break a oil pump shaft and after it ruined the engine mine is a 727 stroker now.

Thanks, it is a 08 700. I heard of the 660s had some issues so I made sure to get a 700. Thanks for the heads up though:awesomework:

Well I got all my parts to finish the bumper and buttoned it up....

I got the fairlead mount done

nmffwo.jpg

148qlv8.jpg

and painted for now, I lan on taking everything in for powdercoat eventually

351vpcz.jpg

Winch mounted

wqy4xh.jpg

11llbp0.jpg

and a little mount for the winch contactor

16hw9k5.jpg

coming soon.....rollcage build

here is a sneak peek

oa2bds.jpg

Hey Wes dont tear the cage out yet Im going to need to borrow that for late buck hunting next thursday :D the bumper looks very nice :awesomework:

Saw your jeep on CL, you converting to side by sides?

Just need a better rig to haul the family around with and I figure I will just get a lesser built TJ wrangler. Cant live without a jeep:awesomework:

He is trying to buy my 4runner. He finally realized that it is way better than his jeep.

:fawkdancesmiley:

way better at being a toyota but still not a jeep:;