• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MY sons AX-10

Ty.

Sorry to change the subject Crash, but I am is Sea-Tac, but willing to travel to find a hobby shop with some knowledge. I am trying to get my sons AX-10 crawler together. He bought some Integy longer bent links, and I think he needs drivelines, shocks, and y arms. Hobby town Southcenter has steered us wrong too often to deal with any more. The boy really wants to compete, and he works hard to make stuff work regardless of how much he has to hillbilly things. I don't know if he will compete or not, I am just trying to help him a little, as I know what he is going through trying to make stuff work that isn't right.

I went ahead and moved your post to a new thread as I think it will better help out..

I have dealt with RCH (Remote Control Hobbies) in woodinville and they are ok--but I have heard the one in covington is super good with the crawler stuff.

Was this a brand new out of the box rig?

:awesomework:Right on. Thanks.

He got it about 2 years ago? I helped him put it together. He is 13 now, and getting pretty good at doing things on his own. He has a rc car junk yard in his room. He does some creative stuff, but what he has going on now is just a mess. I'll call those places and go from there. Maybe I can post some pics when we get it finished.

:awesomework:Right on. Thanks.

He got it about 2 years ago? I helped him put it together. He is 13 now, and getting pretty good at doing things on his own. He has a rc car junk yard in his room. He does some creative stuff, but what he has going on now is just a mess. I'll call those places and go from there. Maybe I can post some pics when we get it finished.

:awesomework:

Also post some pics of it as there are a few guys here that know there stuff about these lil things :awesomework:

You should bring him to the next WARCRC comp. He can see what other people are doing with their cars, and I'm sure the guys there would gladly help him with his.

You should bring him to the next WARCRC comp. He can see what other people are doing with their cars, and I'm sure the guys there would gladly help him with his.

Good point Cisco. Ya we are always happy to help out folks.... Great group of folks....

Great idea. I am sure he would love to go check out what you guys do. Perhaps we can make it to your next event.
We ended up going to the Woodinville store. Canyon helped us out. He had a lot of great parts in stock, and even greater info. It was definately worth the drive. Alex is working on the crawler now.

Oh, and also, hi Ben!!

Great idea. I am sure he would love to go check out what you guys do. Perhaps we can make it to your next event.
We ended up going to the Woodinville store. Canyon helped us out. He had a lot of great parts in stock, and even greater info. It was definately worth the drive. Alex is working on the crawler now.

Oh, and also, hi Ben!!

Not Alex :redneck: Goofy but not a bad kid......:D

You son is perfect for the novice class :awesomework:

Thanks alot. He's got it running now. We made a course over the dog house. Maybe I'll get a video of it.

Yep, next comp is in Startup, I think Crash made a thread here with the details.

I'm sorry you had to deal with hobbytown at Southcenter, they are a disgrace to well-meaning shops everywhere, and are why people shop on the web. Give RCH in Covington a shot, thats where I shop.

If your son wants to compete, make sure you get good info from actual competitors before he shells out hard earned cash. Guys in most shops mean well, but usually have a disconnect between what works well for playing in the yard, and what's best for hardcore competition. I've seen a lot of guys spend a ton of cash for upgrades that they found out later weren't what they really needed.

If you're dealing with a stock AX10, the best things you can invest in are a 4 link setup and the most powerful steering servo you can afford.

Come out to a comp when you can, you'll learn a lot more in an a couple hours than in a lifetime on the web.

Thanks for the input. Don't think I can get him to that one. I'll definately try to get him to some of the closer events.