• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My willys

I had to make all new brake lines because of how bad of shape the old ones were in

iOOIjD3.jpg

8818ikk.jpg

Some tight spots I had to fit in to weld the brake line tabs in
mRSFUfM.jpg

I made a mistake when bending this line. In order to fix it, I had to drop it way down and then up to the line lock
IBkwzQF.jpg

Because the original front clip wasn’t worth redoing in order to run nitrous, I bought a new front clip. 25lbs light and more streamlined

New vs. old
grrsLRc.jpg

qRMskGl.jpg

Forgot about this little gem. Couldn’t get my brake line to fit under and didn’t want to sleeve the tube for the line to go through. Solution?!
5dNppnM.jpg

Needed to make a mount to hold my nitrous bottles. So the only spot available was where the fire system was. I decided to relocate the fire system and this now where my nitrous system is
6IAql9q.jpg

3VWZOmw.jpg

The coolest part to the whole car is the PRS shocks that came with it. These were the shocks that changed Pro Mod and pro stock racing forever. These shocks were on Troy Coughlin’s car that won the pro mod championship and then on Jeg Coughlin Jr’s Pro stock car the next year which also won the championship. How the willys ended up with them is beyond me but these where the baseline for the rest of the industry. Here’s the kicker....... want a pair of shocks like this the price tag is $18k
ld3ZGdZ.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Very nice work!. Building a drag car myself at the moment so this is great inspiration

The car is completely stripped down now and I’m painting the back half and working my way forward
s06VPoo.jpg

ttXDMMm.jpg

This is as it sits tonight 6-12. I’ll finish the back tomorrow and start on the center section. By this weekend, the back will have all the wires ran forward, the chutes will have to wait till it gets back from the body shop. Once it’s back, it will go to get wrapped. Getting closer
I4u3Zgp.jpg

As my full floater sits on the floor waiting to go back in. Need to pick up some more NAS bolts $40ea

Can’t wait to finish this car so I can move on to my other projects
EWRvVQS.jpg

That’s bad ass! Whatcha building?

Nothing as serious as you that is for sure. Its a 70 nova ss. Fiberglass front clip, Rear 4bar, and supercharged 383. Project my dad and I are doing. It's been fun

Attachments

• 20180423_194233.jpg
    20180423_194233.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Mark and I built a few nova together. This is the last one we work on before he passed away. RIP Mark

Attachments

• cid__0415011657.jpg
    cid__0415011657.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMAG0197.jpg
    IMAG0197.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 118
I work for Ron Pease for 11 years doing PDR. I built his first drag radial tire Nova. Mark and I built the second Nova that we ran in outlaw 10.5

My buddies own Ron's old car now.
Good looking Willys.
That would make a good grudge car.
I am looking for another 55 after selling mine.