• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My willys

sixty-nine

Not off-roading but I’ll share what I’ve been up to in my free time. Bought this 41 Willys Pro Mod for my father back in Dec. he wanted to race one last time before he passes...... so why not give him a car that is capable of going faster then 200mph in the 1/4 mile. The car has ran 3.79 @ 201 in the 1/8 with the old combo. It won’t go nearly that fast with my 706 but it will still go over 200 in the 1/4
kFjtGLX.png

W9oNV1N.png

9PbNDeC.jpg

Seeing as it was a blower car and I’m changing it to a nitrous car, i needed to figure out where the radiator goes. This is an early pic of where I originally was going to place it but decided to scrap that idea
UBdBvz9.jpg

Why do you need that big of a rad? You are going to tow to the starting line and tow it back after the pass right?

... that looks like a bad bitch...

if you aren't on YellowBullet ... that is the drag racing forum to be on. Those ****ers know their ****.

Why do you need that big of a rad? You are going to tow to the starting line and tow it back after the pass right?

I’m not running alcohol so it will heat up quick. Also, the radiator is quite small. Just looks big in the pics

... that looks like a bad bitch...

if you aren't on YellowBullet ... that is the drag racing forum to be on. Those ****ers know their ****.

Thanks
Been on there since 08

Why switch from forced induction to nitrous?

I didn’t want to spend another $60k for his combo when I already have 2 - 706’s just waiting to be used

I made the tool to do perfect holes in the carbon fiber. Pretty much most of the panels in the car are carbon fiber with an exception of the wheel tubs, dash and drivers side floor. I wanted to get rid of most of the aluminum panels that were in there

2BP3UdK.jpg

5sgZtkk.jpg

Tim McAmis doesn’t make the best carbon panels out there. Never again will I do a carbon/glass mix. Now I will have to paint the backside black to cover up all the pin holes
tVeygzK.jpg

What car did you have that 706 in? Did you do any headsup racing around Washington with it?

I bought 2 706’s for my 69 nova but it’s still a long ways away from being finished. So I bought the 41 willys because it had a large winning streak and a roller. However, being a blower car, there’s nothing to it and a nitrous car needs a ton of stuff.

The car is almost finished, it just takes forever to upload the pictures on this site since I use an image hoster. I’ll get around to uploading more pics

Latest posts