• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My willys

My buddies own Ron's old car now.
Good looking Willys.
That would make a good grudge car.
I am looking for another 55 after selling mine.

Love 55’s I came close to buying a 55 jet car but couldn’t justify it. As for the willys, I’m not sure what class it will run in yet. I have to get the car dialed in before anything. Who knows, it might suck.

My back up block being used as mock up
Ds3bvPG.jpg

Built this pan for the motor instead of having to use a diaper
FrUs0b6.jpg

XOZfGUh.jpg

And the finished product
PbsWA5v.jpg

This is just about the last of the welding that needed to be done to the car. I welded on 2 door latches to the cage. I’m pretty much finished with the car till I get it back from the body guy
HFTifh5.jpg

So I’m starting to put the car back together. Sometimes it can be a pain in the ass. Case in point, the steering. I made a simple mistake that ended up costing me a ton of time. Even though it’s all together now, I’ll have to take it all apart and send it out to be powder coated
rCLzmyD.jpg

I also managed to get the driveshaft ujoint shield installed and the rear ended put back in the car.
DPapYOG.jpg

aRbdzcn.jpg

I also got my driveshaft tunnel and engine belly pan back from the powder coaters. Can argue with free
dsoejG4.jpg

1Ql4wtj.jpg

So today is brake day and I realized that there’s a ton of stuff I still need to get it all out together.

Upgraded teflon lines installed. Old lines on top new set up on bottom. Took out about 20†of excess lines
a9X43Cs.jpg

I must admit that I really enjoy owning a machine shop. Even if I only use it for personal use. So today I made a hell of a lot of progress on the willys. I needed to make some custom washers and special suspension travel switch mounts. I did make a set a while back but felt I could improve on them so I stepped up my game and they turned out great. I’ll weld them up tomorrow
TeaCTCZ.jpg