• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches JULY 2-5

:awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework:

Im up for any ideas..... Explain...:corn:

Sorry, went to bed right after my last post!!!:redneck::;
Anyway---Chain saws use a piece of flexible tube with a pickup filter (sock) on the end of it, so it can 'float' with the fuel in the tank as it sloshes around, allowing it to run at all the different angles when cutting.... maybe you could use a setup such as this in your cell....just have to be careful if there's a fuel level sender, it may be possible for this 'floating' pickup to get hung up on the sender's float... IDK, it may work just fine though!!!!:redneck: Worth a shot...BTW, they make all sorts of universal strainers for inside fuel tanks....Hope this helps!!!:awesomework::cool:

Ya know how i feel about it brian. Just put fuel injection on it. However since i know you and what you are going to do i will share this with ya. Get a walboro screen, After you get it put a elec fuel pump on and a quality(like over 40 bucks) fuel pressure reg on the carb WITH a fuel pressure gague right there as well.

Cut to the chase and put fi on it.(or propane since you think the fi wont work with your pro-stock cam)

TBI chips told me it wouldnt work. I have all the tbi injection waiting to go on just didnt put it on because of what they said. My cam is mild.:rolleyes:

TBI chips is retarded. What's the specs of your cam? The only way it won't work is if the cam is so HUGE that it makes no vacuum in which case you would need a alpha N system like a old pro jection. What commonly goes wrong with milder cams is if the valve overlap is too much then you simply have to run it in open loop. You would no longer have a O2 sensor. Not a big deal just a setting in the chip and maybe some tuning...

TBI chips is retarded. What's the specs of your cam? The only way it won't work is if the cam is so HUGE that it makes no vacuum in which case you would need a alpha N system like a old pro jection. What commonly goes wrong with milder cams is if the valve overlap is too much then you simply have to run it in open loop. You would no longer have a O2 sensor. Not a big deal just a setting in the chip and maybe some tuning...

Pm me a number and ill call you when i decide(very soon) to make the change over. Believe me....... I dont want this fuel problem to happen again.....it really screwed me on a climb at the moon rocks.

if hes having fuel pick up problems, how would FI help?

im in NO way against going FI, i think thats the best choice. but it wont help anything, if the pick-up problem isnt taken care of.

if hes having fuel pick up problems, how would FI help?

im in NO way against going FI, i think thats the best choice. but it wont help anything, if the pick-up problem isnt taken care of.

When the tanks was full it didnt have any problems. Half empty it happened alot more. Ill get it figured out.:;

Pm me a number and ill call you when i decide(very soon) to make the change over. Believe me....... I dont want this fuel problem to happen again.....it really screwed me on a climb at the moon rocks.

PM sent...
Which TBI system do you have to work with? What's the numbers and letters off of the computer?